PDA

View Full Version : pMEnc v0.3 (PMP/PSPlayerMT encoder)

modsyn
March 27th, 2006, 21:15
pMEnc has been updated again.
This release adds URL encoding and more audio selection options.

I noticed quite a few requests for volume boost, so that has been
officially added with this release. Please note, that although you
can go all the way up to 100% increase, going above 20 will generally
produce unacceptable results.

More changes:
- Installer provided. (to uninstall, just delete the folder you install to)
- pMEnc is no longer packaged with a Java Runtime Environment, so
you'll need to have one installed (1.5_01 or higher).
- Aspect ratio calculating functions rewritten, improved.

visit pMEnc home (http://cs.ulm.edu/~jself/pmenc) for releases.

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 22:07
YEAAAaa i can now listen to overly loud static sounds on my videos.... lol i mean thats what happens when you boost the volume anyways so at least hes giving the option to those people who still want it good job man

brunobelo
March 28th, 2006, 00:02
Why are you using this crappy program when we have that media player released by some korean guy that rox?! If I liked to convert movies to see them on the PSP, I would use the MPEG4 built in player...

danonano420
March 28th, 2006, 00:18
I thought this played avi? :confused:

modsyn
March 28th, 2006, 00:50
Why are you using this crappy program when we have that media player released by some korean guy that rox?! If I liked to convert movies to see them on the PSP, I would use the MPEG4 built in player...

hey jerk, how many 480x272 DVDs do you have? converting media must
be done in some way. with this you can get UMD quality (fullscreen) videos
to play with either "that media player released by some korean guy"
(also known as PSPlayerMT) or PMPMod.

but, thanks for the constructive criticism. it'll really improve future releases.

felonyr301
March 28th, 2006, 00:59
modsyn dont mind his lack of knowledge its just sad that comment just made him look like an idiot retard wuteve word comes to mind anyways please dont stop releasing new ones cause of this uninformed a$$white

brunobelo
March 28th, 2006, 04:03
Hey modsyn, I didn't want to start a flamewar, really. I was just asking a question, and maybe I was a little rude (as always, sorry). Sorry dude, I didn't want to offend you.

T-2000
March 28th, 2006, 07:33
Although PSPlayerMT avi are great quality, pmp is still better for psp,and this proggy does convert to Avi format as well.. once u watch a decent converted movie, mpeg4 format is really bad..

T-2000
March 28th, 2006, 08:29
This is now the best Avi and PMP converter for the psp.. just one thing in this version only when u convert for the Psplayer it still has the file extension as PMP, not Avi, but still plays in media player..in previous versions it would change to .AVI..

T-2000
March 28th, 2006, 08:57
Psplayer still plays them even with the PMP file extension, so all is good..

tcjew
March 28th, 2006, 14:07
got a question ...
on the first post it says that the new version adds "URL encoding"
Is this ment to receive a stream and convert it directly?
Becouse I tried to co compress a stream coming from VLC and it doesnt seem to work for me? Are their special restrictions to container format or so?

behahwhoalalala
March 28th, 2006, 18:11
Yay!!! Volume Boost!!! I Want Your Babies...

You Rawk!

modsyn
March 28th, 2006, 18:57
There are no restrictions on the container format for URL encoding, but it must be a video that's reachable through TCP. but, you have to save the job first,
before encoding. if it doesn't work after that i may have to release a patch, but
on my side all i had to do was save after i entered the URL.

let me know if it works after you save...

behahwhoalalala
March 28th, 2006, 19:30
HOW DOES IT WORK!!!

How do I make the volume of my music go up...#

PLEASEHELP!!!

tcjew
March 30th, 2006, 14:15
There are no restrictions on the container format for URL encoding, but it must be a video that's reachable through TCP. but, you have to save the job first,
before encoding. if it doesn't work after that i may have to release a patch, but
on my side all i had to do was save after i entered the URL.

let me know if it works after you save...

hmm ok i made some more testing with the streaming.
When i hit the save button before encoding, it actually does something, it says its in step 1 of "video and audio encoding", but all the stats seem a little weired, for example it says its only encoding with 5 fps. When i use files from my harddrive its encoding in realtime.
Even if i let it run it stops after about 30 sec, it creates a pmp with a file size of approx 1 MB i tried to view that with PMPplayer but it doesnt recognize the file.

Some more info:
My stream comes in 320 * 240 and is wmv2 compressed.
Audio is mp3 128 kbps
My goal is actually to compress the stream on the fly and then try to view it with the PMPmod that enables network support.
Hope that is possible at all :)
Would make TV on PSP possible before Sony will introduce it :)

ahhh yeah and my stream comes through http:// so i gues its TCP

BTW: great little app that works great when used without streaming until now, even if i prefere for myself Virtual Dub ;) but its the best all in one solution ive seen yet, keep up the good work :)

nmsgp
April 8th, 2006, 09:34
great job with the new version

work like a charm with my tv series but for some reason I can not convert some DVD movies

when I start a 2 pass, the first video encoding only is fine. However, the second part of the video and audio encoding processes failed and exiting

I tried the same DVD with the winavi converter and no problem found

modsyn
April 9th, 2006, 04:26
hmm. might have something to do with the AC3 audio. thanks for the heads up, i'll look into it for sure.