PDA

View Full Version : OpenTTD Release Candidate 4 now available

turulo
March 28th, 2006, 04:56
(News and New Release by turolo)

http://openttd.teamjak.net/screenshots/openttd-net.png

New version of OpenTTD for psp has been released, it includes wireless play, some bugfixes and cheats window.See attachments for download.

Here is the list containing changes:

* Network game window resized
* Language packs issues fixed (thanks to Sharkus for the patch)
* Directory navigation root path fixed
* Added retry timeout when connecting to wireless network
* Network button disabled when network not available
* CPU speed changes automatically to 333 Mhz when joining network game
* Cheat window support added (thanks to RacerII for the patch)
* Free space display fixed (thanks to Silentdragon for the patch)
* Added DHCP support (thanks to Silentdragon for the patch)
* Code updated to 0.4.5 version
* Multiplayer game enabled
* Messages added when changing cpu speed

Dont forget to read the README.txt for installation instructions and list of controls. Also visit http://openttd.teamjak.net for updated faq, forums, troubleshooting and more info.

There are 2 different builds, the ones with -wireless tag are wireless enabled builds. Note wireless is not suported on firmwares greater than 2.00.

Remember there are two servers dedicated for psp players:

* OpenTTD for PSP players Europe
* OpenTTD for PSP players USA

Thanks to all the contributors. For next release i will update 0.4.5 code to 0.4.7 if i have some spare time.

Screenshot of the wireless multiplayer servers list window attached.

Downloads and Screens Via Comments

wraggster
March 28th, 2006, 10:44
Thanks for the excellent release, this is amazing work :)

gavind
March 28th, 2006, 11:48
do i need all 4 files? i have a v1.50.

great release to see my best of all time PC Game, i spent countless hours building railways, roads and airports to make a profit and beat the competition.

pitty i cant play it on win XP without the unofficial remake but now i can play it on PSP :)

Unicorn
March 28th, 2006, 12:43
do i need all 4 files? i have a v1.50.

great release to see my best of all time PC Game, i spent countless hours building railways, roads and airports to make a profit and beat the competition.

pitty i cant play it on win XP without the unofficial remake but now i can play it on PSP :)
You only need "openttd-psp-wireless_1.50-RC4.rar (7.00 MB" if you want to use WIFI support :)

drew4237
March 28th, 2006, 13:36
ive seen this a few times but by just reading the description i cant figure out what it does. i know if i dont know i shouldnt be useing it but it might be helpfull for me. if anyone can help explain this to me that whould be great.

drew4237
March 28th, 2006, 13:37
o it is a port from the original game to the psp.

tcjew
March 28th, 2006, 14:01
Great one ...
tried all of the releases until now.
This one been crazy stable for me, i ve been connected for almost one hour to the special european PSP server and their been no problems, only problem was i couldnt talk to the other players that joined in :)
we solved that problem by using a windows client, probably not the solution when you are on the go :)
I made some further tesing and tried to join my own server from my DHCP network and everything went smooth, just only seems that if you use very large maps its getting disconnected
Just a small ingame keyboard and you couldnt make it any better i think :)

Cloud_35
March 28th, 2006, 16:56
I'm glad to see more advances in homebrew games such as this (great wireless conection pal!) I only ask: Is the server from USA compatible with some southern areas (I don't know...Mexico??)?

turulo
March 28th, 2006, 17:05
Servers are worldwide compatible, the only difference would be your connectivity against usa or europe. Normally mexico uses to have better connectivity for USA than Europe.

loganberry2005
April 1st, 2006, 21:55
Do i relly need da game!?!

stotheamuel
April 1st, 2006, 22:09
i dont have the game never played or had heard of it till this port... ive played the rollercoaster tycoons and loved em

man i want thisssss but sadly lack the files

m64fan
April 4th, 2006, 22:46
what do i do when it says can not read data/sample.cat/

behahwhoalalala
April 4th, 2006, 22:50
how do i put it on my 2.6 psp...

tc26267
April 5th, 2006, 16:22
what do i save it to and whittch one do i get

nitr0
April 15th, 2006, 18:58
what do i do when it says can not read data/sample.cat/
i have the same problem :confused:

nitr0
April 15th, 2006, 19:15
fixed it... you must download this: http://tycoon.phoenixscripts.co.uk/files/TTDX.exe
and extract all files into /data directory :D

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 20:35
Man, I played this game for like 7 hours one night, but I kept running out of money and losing. I just can't get the hang of it. Plus, I'm burned out on it from that 7 hours I spent losing...

under_0ath777
April 30th, 2006, 22:16
thanks nitro, here's what you gotta do

1. Download this into your computer http://tycoon.phoenixscripts.co.uk/files/TTDX.exe
2. Find it, Go To TTDX
3. Copy all files from ttdx to your data folder on your psp
4. Enjoi!

ritz
May 16th, 2006, 05:20
This is awesome!! You Guys did a Good Job!!

King DS
May 28th, 2006, 23:18
u know what would make this better? a DS version! nice work though!

gsyph0
June 5th, 2006, 02:03
DS sucks, though