PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Quod & KJumpingCube

wraggster
June 5th, 2009, 00:21
News/release from veubeke (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=16697&sid=45a9db536f1160ace755d038c3ca528f)

Hi there.

I want to announce my first two DS projects.

The first is a port of a game called Gnome Quod. It is similar to Connect Four only that you are trying to draw the corners of a square instead of a row. The goal of the port was to add a DS-friendly interface while keeping the (quite addicting) game mechanics. You'll find the binary, source and screenshots at quod.23inch.de. I tested it with no$gba and DeSmuME.

The second game is a variation of KJumpingCube. I wanted to play around with tiles so I figured, I'd try to use triangles instead of squares. The result is a completely different game that is still fun to play. You'll find the binary, source and a screenshot at jump.23inch.de. It works with no$gba but not in DeSmuME, which seems to have a problem with the module I used for background music.

Both games are most fun when played with more than one person though they have built-in AI, too.

So let me know, what you think. I just started playing around with the DS and am always happy to get some feedback.

So long,
veubeke

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments