PDA

View Full Version : E3: So who won?

Darksaviour69
June 5th, 2009, 11:24
So the big three's conferences are now over, but who won? You decide.

To help you decide here is a reminder of the big announcements :

Microsoft

* Hands-free Project Natal
* Peter Molyneux's Milo
* MGS heading to Xbox 360
* Halo ODST date/Reach reveal
* Alan Wake out in spring 2010
* Crackdown 2, L4D 2 for 360
* Twitter, Facebook, Sky for Xbox 360
* Alan Wake, Forza 3 and Splinter Cell

Nintendo

* New Wii Zelda
* Super Mario Galaxy 2!
* New SMB Wii hands-on
* Team Ninja's Metroid for Wii
* Iwata shows Wii Vitality
* Wii Fit Plus
* Mario & Luigi RPG and RPG Golden Sun
* Cop: The Recruit for DS

Sony

* MGS: Rising for PC/PS3/360
* God of War III in March
* ModNation: LBP for karting
* Sony motion controller shown
* FFXIV Online for PS3/PC
* R* North exclusive for PS3
* PSP Go!
* MGS and Res Evil for PSP

Vote via the fourms (click the comments link below)

GameBoiye
June 5th, 2009, 15:20
For Sony you forgot to mention:

GT Mobile
Gran Turismo 5
More Video Service

And there's more but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

pib0te
June 5th, 2009, 15:39
and you forgot that "Hands-free Project Natal " is only a protoype..

vitorgatti
June 5th, 2009, 15:46
Ps3 Ftw...!

darkriku2000
June 5th, 2009, 18:42
Sony and Microsoft blew Nintendo out of the water

Sony: "Here's a new psp and a ton of new games"

Microsoft: "Here's a new innovative control system, and Milo"

Nintendo: "Um... here's a new game"

KeenCommander
June 5th, 2009, 19:44
Microsoft's press conference was solid. Project Natal will flop, but at least they announced good - if less than shocking - titles.

Sony succeeded in breathing some life into the PSP, at long last, but the PS3 is dead in the water and they've done nothing to change that - if anything making it worse by losing exclusivity in the next MGS game. I'd put them in last of the three.

Nintendo didn't do anything revolutionary (as per normal) but announcing new entries in some of your best franchises is never a bad way to go about things. Wii Motion Plus looks like a dud, but they still come out ahead of Sony - and behind Microsoft.

jrsmaster411
June 5th, 2009, 21:05
when it comes to motion controls, Microsoft had the most advanced and impressive, but Sony had the one that looked the most fun. Plus I liked their exclusives better, especially announcing that the next true mgs will be exclusive to sony, no snake in rising

pibs
June 5th, 2009, 22:37
I enjoyed all of them. The real shocker for me was Team Ninja creating a Metroid game :eek:

Sony's was the most informative, and it seemed to me MS's was trying to steal the show but they tried a bit too hard lol I know Milo is pipe dreams but it really tripped me out so I go with them. At least for me, Facebook and that stuff is overkill but it was really nice to see that the UK is getting the Sky service so yall can enjoy a similar version of our Netflix :D

Malksta
June 5th, 2009, 23:26
Sony won this E3 for me. God of War 3, Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy 14, new Rockstar game, Ratchet and Clank, Heavy Rain, GT PSP, Resident Evil PSP and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Domination :)

Eviltaco64
June 7th, 2009, 04:39
I have to go with Sony. Their lineup impressed me the most. Their motion controller was also very impressive.

I have to tip my hat to both Nintendo and Microsoft, though. Even though Nintendo's lineup isn't as large or impressive as the other two, it's still an improvement from last year. Microsoft impressed me with Milo. But the features like Facebook and Twitter don't at all. Why don't they just add a web browser, already?

Qmark
June 7th, 2009, 06:00
Clearly Nintendo, seeing as the other two are jumping on the 'motion control' bandwagon.

mike_jmg
June 7th, 2009, 07:22
God of war is a killer game but, project natal was a real shocker. So for me Microsoft won they really went beyond

Qmark
June 7th, 2009, 10:34
We'll see.
From the looks of things, both Natal and Wand are going to cost somewhere upwards of $100, for what Wii is already doing with a $40 controller ($30 if you buy the Nyko knockoff).