PDA

View Full Version : wii's on but nothing booting :(

adamg64
June 7th, 2009, 19:46
Hey guys hope you can help.

Been having trouble with a wii homebrewed for my brother, twilight hack, cios, hbc, game launcher.

yesterday he purchased the retail version of ea active he ran the game before the game actually worked it asked to update the firmware now he assures me he didnt proceed with the update which i dont beleave coz now nothings working.

however it still says version 3.2u on the wii options so hmmm.

but now when you ran anygame be it a backup or a retail game nothings happening playing a retail game the normal way just keep getting unable to read disc on all the games i have.

also when i boot up a once perfectly working version of homebrew channel i click start and screens goes black and it doesnt boot.

really hope somebody can help me.

thanks! Adam.

Super Yoshi
June 7th, 2009, 21:33
I believe at the least that I may be able to rule out a few things here...
cIOS is a completely separate IOS that runs under Wanikoko's apps... so that shouldn't really affect anything else... and I believe you've gotten firmware and your system menu version mixed up...

perhaps you could clarify for me... You can run retail disks but not "backups"?

adamg64
June 7th, 2009, 21:47
i cant run either when i start homebrew channel the screen just goes black and the wii crashes basicly.

and the wii just doesnt read retail games full stop just get an unable to read disk error message ive tried like 8 games which run find on my wii.

hack my wii via the twilight hack, then ran the cios installer then the wii back up launcher.

wii options top right ver. 3.2U

Super Yoshi
June 7th, 2009, 21:49
So that was all that was done to it, correct?

adamg64
June 7th, 2009, 23:13
yes thats all now i cant do anything with it totally baffled :confused:

adamg64
June 8th, 2009, 21:42
ok after many attempts to try bannerbomb, i tried the last resort thing with the knowledge that hbc etc wont work and basicly just going back to retail games for the next few months or however long it takes to crack if ever his fault tbh.

i updated the wii to the latest firmware that being 4.0u via the wii settings update took ages anyhow 40mins later it was complete to horror the same problem persists.

if i had hair i would be pulling it out now any help please?

been thinking to format the wii and get it back to original settings?

i told my bro he's cocked it up and he may not be able to run hmc content anymore i just really want to get it to run original game the proper way.

will it work?