PDA

View Full Version : BBoy News and Screens

wraggster
March 29th, 2006, 18:10
Source - Pro-G (http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/29-03-2006-2496.html)

Not being all that familiar with what exactly a b-boy is, and for those readers in a similar situation, here's a Wikipedia definition.

"B-boy was originally a term applied to a breakdancer. Over time, the term has expanded to include any individual who identifies with that area of hip-hop subculture."

Do you want to be a b-boy?Now that we know what a b-boy is we can move onto the game which is in development at FreeStyleGames, in collaboration with Crazy Legs and DJ Hooch. In the game's B-Boy Life mode the player must build up a crew and battle against real-life superstar b-boys including Crazy Legs, the original b-boy.

"B-boy culture is one of the four core elements of hip-hop, and the team SCEE and FreeStyleGames have managed to put together this game in a way that means the hip-hop community can be sure that the integrity and art of b-boying won't be compromised," said Crazy Legs. "It's great to know that they have actively sought out the real b-boys that make the scene what it is today to make this game happen."

With over 800 motion captured moves to learn, players will develop their skills as they progress from street battles to the world championships, all the time gaining respect from the hip-hop community. The game will also include an arcade mode where you can quickly take on rival b-boys or your mates, with the PSP version supporting wireless multiplayer.

Both versions of the game will let you create your own b-boy and they'll include more than 40 hip hop and classic funk licensed tracks. B-boy is scheduled for release on PlayStation 2 and PSP in September.

Screenshots Via Comments

sgamemu22
March 29th, 2006, 19:24
Im surprised this wasnt done already. I developed a breakdance game, but this is how I really wanted to create it.

sroon
March 29th, 2006, 23:36
This is what I call school material.
Cool!

idapimp
March 30th, 2006, 13:45
this makes me want to kill my self. hip-hop...bleh. go play some guitar hero. it has decent music.