PDA

View Full Version : "Surprise" visit for Turn 10 at E3

Shrygue
June 8th, 2009, 20:12
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217064)

Microsoft developer Turn 10 has told of its "surprise" when Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digitial stumbled over to try Forza Motorsport 3 at E3 last week.

Apparently, the handful of visiting GT5 devs were keen to get their hands on Microsoft's competing racer, but that didn't stop Turn 10 calling Gran Turismo a "stagnant" racing series.

"Perhaps the most surprising [visit] to me was when a couple developers from Gran Turismo makers Polyphony Digital came by to personally get hands-on with Forza 3, all the while taking careful notes, examining our UI system, shooting photos, and directly asking us some pretty interesting questions," Turn 10's Che Chou posted on his blog.

"The reason I say I was personally surprised was because PD aren't generally known as a studio to acknowledge that there are racing games that exist beyond their own. Which could explain why the GT franchise has been so stagnant in the racing genre since GT3."

Apparently other celebrities who stopped by at the Forza stand included "Steven Spielberg, Victoria Beckham (with her little boy), Incubus drummer Jose Pasillas, DJ and Turntablist Chris Killmore, folks from LA Galaxy, Aisha Tyler, some dude who came by to shoot a segment for the Jimmy Fallon Late Night Show."

What's next? Miyamoto visiting Sony to try the PSP Go? Oh, wait...