PDA

View Full Version : Metareview - Kingdom Hearts II

wraggster
March 29th, 2006, 20:20
A Final Fantasy and Disney Kingdom RPG mash-up? The idea sounded wack at first, but when the original Kingdom Hearts debuted back in 2002, it worked, proving once again that Square Enix could do no wrong (at least, in the RPG realm). Now, the motley crew is back and being heralded by critics — well, most of them...

Gaming Age (100/100) - "Kingdom Hearts 2 is a shining example of the "fix what's broken and improve what isn't" mindset. And though the game still has its flaws, they're relatively minor by comparison, a drastic improvement upon its predecessor in all regards."
Game Informer (90/100) - "Kingdom Hearts II is a remarkable journey and another Square-Enix masterpiece" [April 2006, p.120].
IGN (76/100) - "Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful title with a great story and fantastic presentation, but because of its major combat flaws (and that fact that it turns its back on exploration and most RPG elements), it does the game a great disservice."

Shilo
March 30th, 2006, 13:57
I loved the first Kindom Hearts, and the GBA one wasn't bad ether. I saw a poster for Kingdom Hearts II the other day as I was walking out of my Wal-Mart and I just stared at it and drooled:) Can't wait to get it:)