PDA

View Full Version : Echochrono Is Like Cursor*10 Too

wraggster
June 9th, 2009, 00:52
Sony gave their perspective bending game a time twisting spinoff. Echochrono is closer to Cursor*10 than Echochrome. You still control a cast, but cast clones replace platform meshing.

The goal of Echochrono is to walk to an exit door. In the level I played pesky block walls impeded my path. I had to hit color coordinated switches to clear the way, but each cast can only be controlled for thirty seconds. After time runs out the cast turns into a shadowy echo that repeated my actions while I controlled a new cast.

Levels are designed so players have to use multiple casts to get to the goal. In the tutorial example you have to sacrifice a cast to fall in the pit so the active cast can walk to the door. Beating levels seems easier than Echochrome, but the challenge is to beat a level using the fewest number of casts. Sony set a par for each level, but casual players can go over it.

Sony doesn’t have a release date set for Echochrono, but a representative explained this game will be sold as a digital download and as a UMD release unlike Echochrome.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/06/08/echochrono-is-like-cursor10-too/