View Full Version : Donkey64 - The Real Story

PSPdemon
March 30th, 2006, 03:53
Hi,

I have been meaning to post this up for some time now, and since we have had the overflow of threads asking about it i wanted to share somthing with everyone... Donkey 64 is fake for many reason ( all that are smart enough to know what i mean, i salute you ) but this PM i got even Proves that it is FAKE!!!

1. When you read the letter it says that "the moderators and the people dont want me to release my emulator"... thats the worse case of BULL i heard!!! why the moderators do want you to release it, but if you are not willing to give us any work to prove that you have an emulator at all it goes down as FAKE.

2. He also says that "No one even gave me a chance to prove that my emulator was real" That too is a load of BULL!!! we have given you time to prove its realness and wanted to have that supposed "build" you were using so we could be a "backup" for people who said it wasnt real.

3. "i did not know that people would hate me for making a n64 emulator" Again we dont hate you for making a supposed N64 emulator,but you wouldnt even give the web master a "Copy" of your emulator. so again we put that down as Fake.

4. "i will also give the people that didnt doubt me a copy of it" ... we never doubt anyone for making anything, but if you got even give the webmaster a copy, and all you have is a video to prove (which is easy to recreate), then we put it down as fake!!

ENOUGH SAID!!! LETS STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THIS AND GET OVER IT!!!!

Check PSDonkey/Chrisfile's last message VIA comments

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

stotheamuel
March 30th, 2006, 04:01
wow well then hopefully no more of him

Kaiser
March 30th, 2006, 05:54
Yeah I banned him (again) this afternoon after it was clear he was a hoaxer and the release never came. However evidence (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=33271) from the last few weeks pretty much gave it away already. I pray to God no one speaks of him again. Every time I locked a thread about it another one would sprout up maybe a few hours later.

Its safe to say the DCEMU community, and in fact the entire PSP community has a great amount of contempt for such individuals.

edit: I'm going to move this to the news forum so everyone will know about it and it will never be brought up again (hopefully).

pkmaximum
March 30th, 2006, 06:06
This guy is all over the forums at hacks, cracks, and mods for the PSP. I started a thread under my same user name you can go check it out it will be under the general chate section. You will see he released a new video I'll post it for you guys. And just for the record yes I do believe this guy is fake.

pkmaximum
March 30th, 2006, 06:07
Nvm I won't release the video just because it took too long when I tried to upload it and im tired and want to go to sleep. If you want to see it just go to the psp hacks forum. good night

slayer2psp
March 30th, 2006, 06:09
N64 EMU i knew that was never going to happen people cant even make a running gba emu for gods sake hell the snes emu is still buggy as hell

idapimp
March 30th, 2006, 06:29
actually with due time i believe psmonkey will have a decent n64 emulator. but as for the snes and gba i have no idea why there isnt a great one yet.

benny blanco
March 30th, 2006, 06:49
donkey is just bitin on the monkey

coors888
March 30th, 2006, 07:09
man you guys are all haters. give this guy a chance to release his wrok. stop slamming him and give him a chance to breath. i personally know that this emulator is real. he gave it out to a few people already and i know one of them. you guys shouldn't talk trash just because they want to finish their work. give this guy a break. no wonder he doesn't come in here anymore

DPyro
March 30th, 2006, 07:10
Shush, he's been proven fake so STFU.

sroon
March 30th, 2006, 07:15
sigh hey coorslite888 you just dont get it dont you.

coors888
March 30th, 2006, 07:17
how is he proven fake? because you say so? i already said that i know someone in these fourms that has it already. take a look at that letter pspdemon showed on the first post and you can see his reasons for not wanting to come in here anymore. that letter explains alot. i wonder when he wrote it.

sroon
March 30th, 2006, 07:24
give it up coorslite888 im starting to feel abit suspicous of you. who is this person that you speak of ho has this emulator? i hope hes not your amagenary friend

LHorse007
March 30th, 2006, 07:31
how is he proven fake? because you say so? i already said that i know someone in these fourms that has it already. take a look at that letter pspdemon showed on the first post and you can see his reasons for not wanting to come in here anymore. that letter explains alot. i wonder when he wrote it.

1. then why don't we have proof

2. he's not here cause he's banned

3. you can't cure stupid, so just shut up already

bugo
March 30th, 2006, 07:32
lol, imagenary friend...
Well, yes Coors, show us who have this if you have proof of it.

coors888
March 30th, 2006, 07:34
who is coorslite? my nic is coors888. i already said that the person who gave me the link to the video and readme text was one of ther persons who that donkey guy gave his ultimate64 1.10c emulator to. i've been trying to get her to give me a copy of it but she won't budge. she doesn't want me mentioning her name either as she said she will not give anyone a copy of his emulator until he releases it to everyone. i don't think this is fake i think we should all juat calm down and wait and see and hopefully we will all get it somehow. still, trash talking and flamming people doesn't help either

bugo
March 30th, 2006, 07:38
ok, sit there and wait forever then... I say its fake because there is no release... just video complaining. So, even PSmonkey said that if this is true he will apology for all he said, but hey!!! Donkey didnt appeared, so, stop!

sroon
March 30th, 2006, 07:45
ok, sit there and wait forever then... I say its fake because there is no release... just video complaining. So, even PSmonkey said that if this is true he will apology for all he said, but hey!!! Donkey didnt appeared, so, stop!
ya you big fairy, listen to what bugo said

jman420
March 30th, 2006, 08:15
who is coorslite? my nic is coors888. i already said that the person who gave me the link to the video and readme text was one of ther persons who that donkey guy gave his ultimate64 1.10c emulator to. i've been trying to get her to give me a copy of it but she won't budge. she doesn't want me mentioning her name either as she said she will not give anyone a copy of his emulator until he releases it to everyone. i don't think this is fake i think we should all juat calm down and wait and see and hopefully we will all get it somehow. still, trash talking and flamming people doesn't help either

That is kinda pathetic that you beleave in that steamy sack of crap... he didnt make an emulator.. he's not going to.. there is no demo.. its all a bunch of people trying to get populairity from everyone (as far as I can tell).. but I dont see why you are beleaving this idiot about the emu (probobly a kid)

Plus you and your whole "Your just hating" sentence from page 1... realy lame dude, come up with something beter then "your just hating"

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 30th, 2006, 08:35
The guy is full off shit thre quicker we shut the muppet up the btter.Leave monkey to get his up to speed then all will be good lol.

shadowprophet
March 30th, 2006, 09:00
So the man promised you candy and didnt deliver.
Yeah yeah I know, im usualy the first person leading the angry mob these days,
But come on, It never pays to get excited about somthing before you see proof of its existance anyway.
I mean so the guys says hey im working on a n64 emulator, And to that I would reply with a resounding SO WHAT?!
I mean this guys is an unknown, How many times in history has an unknown come about the scene of anything, proclaming I can do this I can do that and let people down?

The more important thing to concider here is look at the psp scene as a whole, and not a fraction, We have made great strides.

But one stride we cant lay clame to is that we are a friendly open lot that can roll with the punches and dish out some capible or rational understanding.

So what the guys promises sunshine and it snows all day long.
Thats what people get for devoteing too much trust to an unknown party.

I mean people are literal upset here, and over what? you read some news or forum artical devoted a few minuets of your time to this guy and what he had to say?

And now you cause him flack?

As I understand things, emulators are a tricky little peice of buisness to get working anyway.

I think people should ask thereselves, What was going through my mind when I accepted the word of an unknown corder and believed he could produce the concept equlivent of the psp holy grail anyway.

I mean Theres a lot of talented coder stock at these forums that is constantly underestimated, and yet we would rather believe an unkonwn could produce somthing like that? ive studied the build to the n64 emulators that do exisist for pc and you know what ?!! that shits above my capibility,
And if your reading this chances are its above yours as well.

Theres a lot of coders here reading this, And you dont see them ostrasizeing this man. BECUASE IT'S COMPLICATED FREAKING SHIT MAN!!
lol sorry I had to say it.

And for people to genuinely accept that an unknown is going to produce somthing like this, Is mind boggleing.

I mean what were doing here is really wrong, if you think about it.
We have given this person the forums equate to burning him at the stake.

When he really wasnt worth that much attention to begin with.

I dont know I guess what im saying is. Back off the noob coder and leave him be,Hes never going to make anything of himself with people rediculeing him constantly. So he got confident and made some promises. Thats not even the worst of my sins, What about you guys ?!

bugo
March 30th, 2006, 09:21
Good words, really!

Joe88
March 30th, 2006, 09:26
He been keeping us informed of his soo called emu here :
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=23612&p=9
And I agree with sroon.
I sure you know a person who has it. Thats because it doesnt exist.
He wont release any betas, just a bunch of vids that look fake. Thats the main reason. http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/img/smilies/sigh.png
At lease we know monkey64 emu is actually real. He relases his betas.

Timale-Kun
March 30th, 2006, 09:49
We can see that choosing video as proof is not the best way to convince people, espacially, if you're new in the Dev Scene. And the useless talks (brother, bla bla bla, ect.) wich came after the video don't make him more credible at last....So it's an exemple for the futur coders, I guess. don't follow the same path for 2 min of glory^^

idapimp
March 30th, 2006, 10:26
omg. this damn topic needs to die. its gone on way to long and i cant go to another forum without seeing someone mention it. WHO THE HELL CARES. monkey is acheiving the title of coding badass right now so all we have to do is be patient and support him. but enough of this donkey64 crap. no more. done. finished. tired of this.

dOOmy
March 30th, 2006, 10:39
If sony can make a ps1 emulator for psp then psp can handle a gba emulator and a n64 eumlator. it just needs great programmers.

goldensupersonic
March 30th, 2006, 10:42
Hi,

I have been meaning to post this up for some time now, and since we have had the overflow of threads asking about it i wanted to share something with everyone... Donkey 64 is fake for many reason ( all that are smart enough to know what i mean, i salute you ) but this PM i got even Proves that it is FAKE!!!

1. When you read the letter it says that "the moderators and the people don't want me to release my emulator"... that's the worse case of BULL i heard!!! why the moderators do want you to release it, but if you are not willing to give us any work to prove that you have an emulator at all it goes down as FAKE.

2. He also says that "No one even gave me a chance to prove that my emulator was real" That too is a load of BULL!!! we have given you time to prove its realness and wanted to have that supposed "build" you were using so we could be a "backup" for people who said it wasnt real.

3. "i did not know that people would hate me for making a n64 emulator" Again we dont hate you for making a supposed N64 emulator,but you wouldnt even give the web master a "Copy" of your emulator. so again we put that down as Fake.

4. "i will also give the people that didnt doubt me a copy of it" ... we never doubt anyone for making anything, but if you got even give the webmaster a copy, and all you have is a video to prove (which is easy to recreate), then we put it down as fake!!

ENOUGH SAID!!! LETS STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THIS AND GET OVER IT!!!!

Check PSDonkey/Chrisfile's last message VIA comments

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

You're all fouls I don't care if I'm banned for life but all he wanted was time. So his brother gave him a bad rep he was a good guy but I guess you people don't forgive. He could have really helped a lot of people. He even apologized as much as he could, but you couldn't even forgive him even after you never forgave him he still never flamed you. You all deserve to get flamed for your foolishness. His brother might have gave him a bad rep but that's no reason you should have done a thing like this. You banned his IP and he changed it so he could formally apologize. He gave you a release date but that still........wasn't good enough he never should have gave it to you after what you people did. You have no faith in people. Time you couldn't even give him time................go ahead and ban me I'm so disgusted I will never return.

pepegomez
March 30th, 2006, 10:58
i dunno whats ur problem... u wanted a proof and this video is teh proof. u better apologize to him instead of beeing a pighead...
at least give him the chance to let him release his work on a new date.
u can still bann him then...

shadowprophet
March 30th, 2006, 12:08
What would have happened, If thay had kicked out benjamin franklin right after he did his little kite thing saying, What the hell ben what are people gonna do with lightning in a bottle ?! or even later if they had kicked out tomas edison,
You people get the general idea,that one day tomas just made a light bulb.
The reality is he had trouble finding a good filament for his creation.

He tried many things cotten, wood ,ect..
In fact he tried over a thousand ways to find somthing to work for a decent filament and nothing worked.
He was asked once about his past failures and he said I didnt fail, I found 1000 ways not to make a light bulb, but I only needed one that worked,
in the end tomas found a coil of tungsten worked prefectly.

The point here is, That if people had ostrisized and ridiculed these great minds.
And banned them, kicked them? What would have became of the world as we know it today ?

And you can ask yourself, yes shadow but this is donkey not tomas edison.
And dont get me wrong im not saying donkey is edison either.

But what I am saying, Is you people dont realize the damage your doing to the scene by putting this man through this.

Even if hes not the next great coder hope. what person would want to be,when failure is treated like this?

Think about it,

Peace out :cool:

Shilo
March 30th, 2006, 12:37
The realse date "no matter what" was suppose to be yesterday. Now it has been moved to sometime in April???????????? WTF????? If this turns out to be real.......... I'm gona crap my pants, take off my pants, and run accros the highway infront of my house:) I an't gona belive it till I see it, so PSDonkey, realse the thing or just shutup!!!!!!!

P.S Monkeys are much better coders than Donkeys. I mean how in the world can a donkey type???????? Kick the key board??????????????

chaos-is-me
March 30th, 2006, 13:02
i dunno whats ur problem... u wanted a proof and this video is teh proof. u better apologize to him instead of beeing a pighead...
at least give him the chance to let him release his work on a new date.
u can still bann him then...

:rolleyes:

Mr Mushrooms
March 30th, 2006, 13:06
Why do people spend so much time and effort trying to perpetrate a hoax? It must have taken him a good few hours to make those fake videos, but why? So he can wallow in some kind of shallow internet fame? If he was for real then he'd be itching to prove people wrong.

I just don't get why people do this. Dude's probably about 14 with too much on his sorry hands.

idapimp
March 30th, 2006, 13:10
WTF? LMAO@donkeys typing. and what the hell is going on. this crap has turned into a whiny, little middle school equivalent drama circle.

Shilo
March 30th, 2006, 13:14
Posted by idapimp:
WTF? LMAO@donkeys typing. and what the hell is going on. this crap has turned into a whiny, little middle school equivalent drama circle.

An intresting middle school equivalent drama circle.

idapimp
March 30th, 2006, 13:19
i suppose interesting is a decent description. cant tell if its good interesting or bad interesting though.

Vega
March 30th, 2006, 13:22
jesus christ.
You know, if I was donkey, Id be laughing my balls off now.
The whole purpose of being a fake is to get people talking and fired up over nothing and get credibility for nothing. thats whats happening.
After near two months people are STILL going on about donkey64. For **** sake just drop it. Im sure a good fraction of the PsP emu scene feel like ripping their hair out over this donkey64 bollocks.

No beta, no build, fake videos, and multiple accounts with the same I.P.
DUUUH?!!?!

disturbed798
March 30th, 2006, 13:26
This guy is all over the forums at hacks, cracks, and mods for the PSP. I started a thread under my same user name you can go check it out it will be under the general chate section. You will see he released a new video I'll post it for you guys. And just for the record yes I do believe this guy is fake.
you really need to make up your mind

Shilo
March 30th, 2006, 13:53
Posted by Vega:
After near two months people are STILL going on about donkey64. For **** sake just drop it.

I don't think it will ever stop. I bet soon someone will say "I belive in you PSdonkey. I want a bulid of ur emu really bad. Please send me one", or "Where can I get donkey64?"

Posted by idapimp:
i suppose interesting is a decent description. cant tell if its good interesting or bad interesting though.

I can't tell ether.

March 30th, 2006, 14:40
that guy was a lo life..toying with our minds like that...:dry:

shadowprophet
March 30th, 2006, 14:47
Its not about the drama or thats its even interesting,
cause its not by the way.
No people cant give up this thred becuase it give's people a reason to post nonsence and abstract thoughts and opinions about somone they dont even know.
And not that that even interests people.
Ive set in the shadows and watched people time and time again drag a thred on,
And I would wonder why, surely people cant hold on so steadfast,to a nonsence topic, and ramble on and on about it until the topic is finely locked.
And time and time again. Thats exactly what happend,

And why ? well because with each post somone puts down, thats another point for them. another point tword what?!

What has somone prooved if they have a tounsand posts in this forum and make old pro status if to get there, thay have prooved that there not able to be civel and hold an inteligible conversation.

Some people will never understand this, your forum badge doesnt bring you respect, The only people in this forum that would garner you any respect based solely on the number of ones posts is a complete text book defined noob.

Therefore instead of makeing pointless post after pointless post, try makeing your point.

Its not hard.

But a lot of people come back and post again in the very same topic saying very much the same thing that had said before.

Why?

It makes no since to me.

And im not aiming this at anyone. But ive seen people that have a very small ammount of posts just eat up topics like this takeing every opertunity they can to really just get in more posts.
If you ask me these forums and other forums like it would see less of this nonsence posting if the whole number and status thing was taken away.
peoples status should be based on how respected they are and not how mnay posts they have. and what the seasoned dont realize is the unseasoned think that the number of posts you have makes all the difference on how respected you are here.

Now as far as everyones concerned on my stand on what I just posted,
I didnt mean to offend anyone. But if i did offend anyone, and you took eception to what i just said, then good! most likely your a good example of the type of poster I was refering too.
Basicly what im saying is. people want to make this into a big deal.
And you know and I know its not, this is just some guy that didnt deliver the goods. And yet people just refuse to stop bashing and posting, and why?! Numbers thats all it comes down too, Thats actuelly kind of dissrespectful to the forums, the person in question, and if you think about it, yourself.

Because if you speak ill of somone, and make a fool of yourself doing so, somone is going to see you for the fool your truely are?
If you cant see how that is dissrespectful to ones self,your beyond reason at this point. Im out.

Larry
March 30th, 2006, 14:57
The funniest thing is.
He gave us a release date.

and people got in up on him before it was the 29th.
instead of waiting till AFTER the 29th to bring on the flames.

If i was in donkeys shoes. and i had a working emulator, and people gave me sh*t about it.

i'd say screw everyone. im keeping this one for myself.

But thats just me.

You all just jumped the gun, got over excited about it and automaticly assumed it was fake because it wasnt released yet. (its like saying the PS3 console is fake because it hasnt been released yet.)
except psdonkey isnt making money on it so he doesnt HAVE to release it if its real.

This is Larry from psp hacks.
and though i strongly doubt the psp has the power to even emulate the N64's 93mhz 64bit cpu structure. at least at full speed.
I am still disappointed in all of you for jumping the gun and flaming psdonkey.
nay. im embarrassed at your guys' childish behavour.
If you just waited till the 29th before the flaming, and if it's real. he might have just released it as planned and everyone is happy (except nintendo, but who cares about them)

*Larry looks down in shame at the unjustified flaming that fellow DCemu's members have done to others.*

chaos-is-me
March 30th, 2006, 15:07
Yeah but, it's OBVIOUSLY fake. The only people that still believe it are idiots.

If the guy just spent the last few months actually working on a emu rather than faking it all then he might have something good by now.

Also, If he comes out with this "aWeSoMe64" emu or whatever it's called and it turns out not to be a hoax then I will personally eat my own head. High stakes here, High stakes.

shadowprophet
March 30th, 2006, 15:12
Im almost tempted to pull as many strings as I can, pull a team togeather, work my ass off for months on end to get a working build, Just to see that ;)

Our work motto, Come on guys we have too!! Dudes gonna eat his own head lol :D lol

chaos-is-me
March 30th, 2006, 15:22
:eek:

Haha!

Xandu6a
March 30th, 2006, 15:42
Shut up u beliver fools! the evidence is right here! http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=33271

djacura
March 30th, 2006, 15:44
In which forum speaks now the news pspdonkey?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Xandu6a
March 30th, 2006, 15:46
u mean PSmonkey?

djacura
March 30th, 2006, 15:53
then already this not? already it is insurance that psdonkey64 is fake, 30 recording video seconds were not all the videos that were shown

pepegomez
March 30th, 2006, 16:10
dont say this video is a fake. proof that it is a fake...
this is just like saying that this emu did never exist...
shadow prophet ur exactly right in what ur saying. ppl should mention that

quzar
March 30th, 2006, 16:18
Fakes happen, get over it. This isn't the first, it won't be the last. All the bad spelling is giving me a headache so... locked.

PS - PSPdemon, if you feel like I'm stepping on your toes by locking this, please PM me, but with all the source material having been discussed, I've seen nothing but flaming for the past few pages.