PDA

View Full Version : Testing the Water

DCEmu_Newsposter
November 25th, 2004, 12:24
Ive got an idea so bear with me while i explain my intentions.[br][br]We has all the coders that visit here know a Private Developers forum that only coders/staff can see and visit for talk of private work etc.[br][br]Now our friends at GP32 Extreme have a Public Beta Testing forum where basically you use the public as testers with no guarentees that stuff will work but if it does then youll be very lucky to sample games etc early.[br][br]This doesnt have to be a Dreamcast only Beta forum but there will be rules made up if the idea seems ok by you the visitors to DCEmu and its Multiple site forum.[br][br]So my question. Would a Public Beta Testing Forum be wanted?[br][br]Let me know in the comments

MetaFox
November 25th, 2004, 14:34
I think the private developers forum is a better solution for important projects.

When it's only restricted to developers beta testing your stuff, then there's less of a chance of it being leaked.

Though if it's just stuff that's meant to be tested but the developers would rather it not be widely distributed (DCSquares beta, Genesis Plus PVR test releases, etc.), then that would be a solution.

For me personally, I say the Private Developer's Forum is enough.

quzar
November 25th, 2004, 21:29
considering that most releases are usually made in an admittedly public beta fashion, I don't believe there is really a big need for this. Im pretty sure every non-coder user would want it, but if no coders are gonna be using it then what is the point?