PDA

View Full Version : Sony "leading by example" on PSP

wraggster
June 9th, 2009, 16:23
The PSP's line-up has gone from the sparse offering of last year to the bursting 2009 roster because of Sony's "leading by example", says new SCEE boss Andrew House.

Speaking in an interview with Edge-Online, the Euro PlayStation head said that the role of the platform-holder is "to demonstrate what's possible" on its platforms.

"When I look at Sony's resources, I see there's a significant need to support PSP and make sure there's a good grounding there," he said.

"Now that's established, there's an opportunity for us to say, 'Let's look at PSP again, let's make sure we're putting in the right resources,' and I think that's been mirrored in the development community. PSP Go, I think, adds to that. It says there's new innovation on PSP, new consumers.

"It probably has more potential as a broader entertainment device than most competitors you see out there," he said. "Let's make sure that we're developing games and taking advantage of that."

Last week Sony showcased LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo and MotorStorm Arctic Edge, among others.

"Now that's established, there's an opportunity for us to say, 'Let's look at PSP again, let's make sure we're putting in the right resources,' and I think that's been mirrored in the development community. PSP Go, I think, adds to that. It says there's new innovation on PSP, new consumers.

"It probably has more potential as a broader entertainment device than most competitors you see out there," he said. "Let's make sure that we're developing games and taking advantage of that."

Last week Sony showcased LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo and MotorStorm Arctic Edge, among others.