PDA

View Full Version : PSP Hacks" O'Reilly's Latest Release

wraggster
March 30th, 2006, 16:14
New Press Release:

This isn't your dad's Atari or Game Boy system, that's for sure. The PlayStation Portable (PSP) is the ultra slick, portable version of the most popular console gaming system in the world, and it isn't just any ordinary handheld gaming device. Beyond its killer graphics and spectacular widescreen LCD for unparalleled game play, the PSP also sports wireless connectivity and a variety of multimedia features, including video, music, and digital photography. Your wildly versatile, endlessly powerful PSP practically begs you to hack and repurpose it to your liking.

To save you the trouble and show you how to make the PSP do more than you ever imagined--and more than Sony ever intended--"PSP Hacks" (Sample, O'Reilly) is one succinct volume of 50 of the coolest, most useful, up-to-the-minute hacks for this amazing device. With "PSP Hacks," you can accomplish a whole lot more than good gaming on the PSP. You'll also learn how to:

*Open your PSP's hardware and find out what to safely plug into it
*Customize the look of your PSP--from background color, LED color, to a custom case
*Convert your movie and music collection to look and sound great on the PSP
*Find ways to extend its wireless capabilities
*Surf the Web
*Chat in IRC
*Read web comics, ebooks, and RSS feeds.
*Fool iTunes into thinking the PSP is an iPod Shuffle
*Watch UMD movies
*Sync an address book to your PSP
*Write your own applications using JavaScript, Lua, and more
"Whether you're trying to dig into the guts of the PSP or simply attempting to play a video on it, this is the ultimate PSP resource," states Chris Carle, Entertainment Editorial Manager for IGN.com

The innovative hacks, tweaks, and how-tos in this essential guide make it easy to customize your PSP, and take full advantage of features, capabilities, and functionality far beyond what's listed in the PSP user manual. Turn your PSP into an all-in-one portable entertainment unit with "PSP Hacks."

For more information about the book series, including table of contents, and author bio, see:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/psphks/index.html

D0N
March 30th, 2006, 16:31
All im going to say is WOW! This looks fantastic!

grin.ch
March 30th, 2006, 17:10
yea, the site is so great and gives such thorough tutorials, that I broke my Ceramic White PSP while trying to do the iTrip hack. :mad: Look it up, it's there...

sroon
March 30th, 2006, 17:53
I think i will have to get one of these!

Ichijoe
March 31st, 2006, 05:42
ROTFLMAO!!!! and I mean it!!!

WTF! You'd think the Author has never heard of the Internet (or by proxy), Google! Show me One instance where there might be some value to this um Book! Damn I know let me go lurk 'round some iPod ~Hacking~ Websites, steal other Peoples Ideas, and then sell 'em to the highest bidder. Um Publisher, I could certenly be earning more then I am currnetly....

Oh wait... Damnit someone already beat me to it, Curse you O'Reilly!!

pepegomez
March 31st, 2006, 15:49
hey Ichijoe
its not like he stole those ideas. hes not even saying that he found that out. he is just collecting them and sells him well explained in a book. btw O'Reilly made several books like that for other languages and so on. and of course he dont have to know whats in there...
and i just forget that i may download this for free if u want. u dont have to buy i anyways :P

Athlonman74
March 31st, 2006, 16:51
hehehe, I've had this for like 2 months now for FREE...guess it pays to work for a book distributor... :)

EDIT: I've browsed through the book a few times and it is put together well... O'Reilly does some very good books...