PDA

View Full Version : UO gpsp kai 3.4 test 2 build 69 - GBA Emulator for PSP

wraggster
June 9th, 2009, 21:50
News via emurussia (http://emu-russia.net/en/)

GBA emulator for PSP (http://takka.tfact.net/blog/), based on gpSP source code, has been updated recently.

Changes:

- changed main font and subfont preference;
- added missing GBA folder in emulator's archive;
- changed svae state format;
- added ability to load save states from previous versions of the emulator.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

bosanova_x
June 10th, 2009, 09:32
nice really into my GBA on psp at the mo, metroid zero mission rocks.

I'll check it out

asakurawhyte
June 10th, 2009, 11:06
Did it fix the problem with Kingdom Hearts?

Big=Sexy
June 10th, 2009, 18:31
I don't know what problem you're referring to, but this fixes compatibility with a large amount of games.

Adhoc is gone, and rapid isn't very good, but jeez - having all those games work now is pretty fantastic.

B2K24
June 10th, 2009, 19:17
Which games are you referring to?
I wasn't aware any were broken even with original GpSp 0.9
aside from kingdom hearts.

beakbeak
June 11th, 2009, 09:00
Kingdom hearts is still perfectly playable on older builds. just save state at the point before it crahes on the video, reload and then the video continues to play to the end (albeit glitched) and then hey presto! the games runs fine.

I am interested to know if games like final fantasy 6 and warioland still have the slowdown or not though. anyone?

Nokiaman
June 11th, 2009, 14:31
Great update! Gonna try it!

asakurawhyte
June 11th, 2009, 15:36
Kingdom hearts is still perfectly playable on older builds. just save state at the point before it crahes on the video, reload and then the video continues to play to the end (albeit glitched) and then hey presto! the games runs fine.

YOU SAVED ME!!!

Big=Sexy
June 12th, 2009, 10:48

Metal Slug Advance, one of the two GBA Metroids (can't remember, but I think it was Fusion) and all of the ArtStyle games, to name some off the top of my head.

Also Elevator Action Old & New, and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

I know there were a lot more (oh yeah, Sabrewulf) but I can't remember all of them since they seem to all work now.

TheLostKid
June 12th, 2009, 12:33
Does it support widescreen?

Nokiaman
June 12th, 2009, 16:03
Does it support widescreen?
IIRC you can choose from some screen modes

Danny_K
June 21st, 2009, 09:48
hahaha i should have went to this thread instead of the old one. i have v.4.O5, do i need to downgrade 4 this emu? if so to what? and where can i get a downgrader? pls help. oh and how can i remove that old one off my memory card?

Big=Sexy
June 24th, 2009, 22:08

You got my mind interested when you said this, and my first post was just what I remembered wasn't working last time I checked.

However, I was super noob when I first used gpsp, and like all super noobs, didn't read anything ever.

ALL of the games I mentioned work in ver 0.9, but you have to unzip these because they all were 32 meg games that would not work otherwise.

That said, I can't use 0.9 on my psp (3000 model) so the closest solution is, unfortunately, the kai versions.

Currently using ver 3.3, hoping to try the adhoc feature soon.

So to recap -
This version's only real improvement is zip loading on all roms, while it takes away adhoc from 3.3.

All the games work same as before, derp derp derp.