PDA

View Full Version : Well, I came back to DCEmu...

Shadowblind
June 10th, 2009, 06:40
And do you know what the first thing I saw was? 500 threads made by AppleNews with 0 replies, 250 posts by wraggy with 0-1 replies, Sony Blog with 0 replies, and very few and far between active threads. :(

Confusing... so anyway, hows the site been going along lately?

Malksta
June 10th, 2009, 21:04
Site seems to be dying a slow death, that's all :P

kcajblue
June 10th, 2009, 21:08
That's what I've been seeing everytime I go here.
There hasn't been much activity.
No where near as active as it used to be when we all posted.

wraggster
June 10th, 2009, 21:10
ahh the homebrew scene in general is dieing at present, the non cracking of PS3 and 360 for real homebrew and the PSP/DS/GP2x/wii all on a downward spiral.

yeah the forums are slow but the site wont ever die, ill still be here even if things do go severely slow. The homebrew scene in general needs a big breakthrough to energise it again

and people to chat more would be nice, we still pull a massive amount of visitors though

wraggster
June 10th, 2009, 21:18
dont worry about applenews, thats just a bot to get apple apps news on the iphone site

Shrygue
June 10th, 2009, 21:38
Yeow, it's Shadowblind! He's finally come back! Where have you been, we've all been missing you as you been away for ages.

Shadowblind
June 10th, 2009, 21:57
Yeow, it's Shadowblind! He's finally come back! Where have you been, we've all been missing you as you been away for ages.

Having my AP classes kick my ass. :p
I've been hanging around VGChartz for a while since theres not much to say here.

What I'm wondering about is that we are still a homebrew site but also a dedicated Gaming site.
"DCEmu: The Homebrew & Gaming network"
Anything we could do to, ya know, make DCEmu live again? The homebrew scene may be...dead right now, but gaming media sure isn't.

I haven't done a review in whoknowshowlong, mainly because they aren't really viewed much for the time put into each one of 'em. Love to get back to doing them, but unless I can actually help people understand the game better doing them, I've got tons to do outside of the net...plus, I'm able to get any 360 game in ever made, often a week or more before they come out depending on how high their profile is. By less then reputable means...but certainly helpful for getting reviews out before the games themselves ;)

So lets see...Wii homebrew? Is the PSX emulator done? Um, what about the Pandora?

Malksta
June 10th, 2009, 22:20
I say when PS3 gets cracked, then things will get back in action! :p

Shadowblind
June 10th, 2009, 22:38
I say when PS3 gets cracked, then things will get back in action! :p

Is it close to being cracked? Because in all honesty, the PS3 would be the most amazing homebrew consoles ever due to its power if it becomes hacked. I know theres the Java loophole...

Triv1um
June 11th, 2009, 00:00
Is it close to being cracked? Because in all honesty, the PS3 would be the most amazing homebrew consoles ever due to its power if it becomes hacked. I know theres the Java loophole...

Firmware update killed it.

Anyway, nice to see you bro.

Darksaviour69
June 11th, 2009, 10:17
I haven't done a review in whoknowshowlong, mainly because they aren't really viewed much for the time put into each one of 'em.

Game Review: Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil 5,064 Views
Game Review: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) 4,895 Views
Game Review: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force (PSP) 4,301 Views
Game Review: Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (DS) 3,552 Views
Game Review: Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360) 3,121 Views

And thats just from forum views, that does not include views via the front page and gamereviews.dcemu.co.uk.

Just because not many people post a comment, does not mean people are not reading them

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=285&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=views

Kaiser
June 15th, 2009, 05:19
Just because not many people post a comment, does not mean people are not reading them

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=285&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=views

Indeed, I haven't posted much at all in the last few months but I do check the news and read articles on a regular basis. The same can be said for many visitors who don't post (or even have an account).

Eviltaco64
June 15th, 2009, 05:49
It's nice to see you back, Shadowblind! How've you been?

DCEmu just doesn't have as many regulars as it used to. If there are any discussion threads, they're ususally outweighed by news from bots and all that.

As for the homebrew scene being quiet, I have to disagree. In my opinion, it's spread out to a few consoles that have never really had a scene before (like Sega CD/32X).. And you can't forget Wii64/Mupen64GC, DaedalusX64, NullDC_PSP, and a few other projects that still make checking up on the scene worthwhile. However, it would take something like the PS3 (as Malk said) being hacked to make the scene as big as it was in the days of the PSP.

DPyro
June 19th, 2009, 01:14
Don't hold your breath for the PS3 being hacked, there has been zero progress on any type of exploit.