PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Winning the Homebrew and Commercial Scenes ?

wraggster
March 30th, 2006, 21:34
The DS has been in the Commercial arena the better out of the two main consoles, but with the recent Neo Flash Comp and the many releases from that and happening all the time plus the fact it can play GBA Homebrew, has it now took over from the PSP and the GP2X as the king of Homebrew, sure its a little harder to understand which flasht cart to buy but in the long run with the Touch screen is it the winner, answer via the comments

Vegetable
March 31st, 2006, 06:07
No. This is the kind of crap that fuels arguments.

koston
March 31st, 2006, 10:02
it is crap...

Darksaviour69
March 31st, 2006, 10:37
it is true that the DS is out selling the psp worldwide. over 2:1 in japan.......

homebrew wise, i don't know, but it does seems that sony will finely close the homebrew door at some stage with one of its firmware updates

DimensionT
March 31st, 2006, 17:30
I'd say the DS wins just because of how fast it's delveloping... I mean, people have been writting homebrew for the PSP since the begining, but DS hacking isn't all that popular. I also think the DS is easier for homebrewers to code for because of it's likeness to the GBA.

Just my 2 cents... Ok, so maybe it's somewhere around a quarter :D!

@Darksaviour69: I honestly didn't think anybody else ever played that game, lol. I remember always getting my butt kicked by a freaking bear somewhere at the begining... SATURN NOSTALGIA!!!

Cloud_35
March 31st, 2006, 20:05
HUH?? WHA'??? It's not true!!! The psp hacking IS the king!!!! Say, how many emulators does the ds has??? How many apps.??? How many N64 emus (at least in process)???? Judge yourselves

birdcat
April 3rd, 2006, 21:58
Heh, $200 is way too much for an emulator, which is all the PSP is worth these days.

charlienesh
April 3rd, 2006, 22:17
psp has a lot more stuff the psp was just getting coppied by nentendo by puting the internet.

psp rox

souLLy
April 4th, 2006, 08:04
psp has a lot more stuff the psp was just getting coppied by nentendo by puting the internet.

psp rox

being able to browse the web is obviously one thing that an online console is going to consider having, if we want to say something is copying, how about saying the psp is copying the dreamcast, or a pda?

For me Sony is getting closer and closer to making homebrew impossible if you want to play the latest commercial games with thier firmware updates. Also the PSP scene is in it's infancy and a lot of the problems that console scenes have at the start- warez being rife, and general idiocy, it appears to me the ds scene is a lot more mature, perhaps because it's a natural continuation of the already fully matured gba scene.

The kinds of things being done in relation to wifi on the ds is most exciting for me, consider running a snes emulator on your modded ds, starting mario kart, sending it via download to your friend next to you and playing two players over wifi. This is possible- exciting times indeed.

Vegetable
April 4th, 2006, 10:12
HUH?? WHA'??? It's not true!!! The psp hacking IS the king!!!! Say, how many emulators does the ds has??? How many apps.??? How many N64 emus (at least in process)???? Judge yourselves

This is exactly what I was ****ing talking about.

Shilo
April 4th, 2006, 12:24
Good to hear that the DS is doing good in both the Homebrew and Commercail markets.

P.S To those who thinks the DS sucks......................................... YOU SUCK!!!!:)

jaizymac
January 14th, 2008, 01:45
who can desine me a ds violent game

Shadowblind
January 14th, 2008, 01:51
who can desine me a ds violent game

Old topic. Dates back more then a year. Please don't bump it.

But if your looking for a violent DS game...Dementium: The Ward

Ω

Eviltaco64
January 14th, 2008, 03:06
PSP can play GBA too

wiggy fuzz
January 14th, 2008, 08:05
everyone is to themselves - but when i bought my ds i didn't buy it for it's homebrew capabilities, i bought it because it was a good little console with good titles. and i'm really not good with paying what? £149 for a handheld console i'll only ever play a few n64 games on