PDA

View Full Version : PiMPStreamer 0.12 Released!

DickyDick1969
March 30th, 2006, 22:53
(News and New Release by DickyDick1969 (http://www.geocities.com/dickydick1969)

I was tired of creating and demuxing my movies for the psp,sooo... I pimped up PMP Mod and made a realtime streaming/scaling/demuxing Windows server...

USAGE PiMPStreamer 0.12:

PSP

Only tested for version 1.50 psp's

Edit pmp.ini in dir PMPSTREAM, change the IP to your windows machine. For the stream AND net section.

Install PiMPSTREAM and PiMPSTREAM% in PSP/GAMES on your PSP. Triagle to
quit, cross to start movie. Press start to refresh the list.

Pressing square will pause (and fill up some buffers)
Pressing cross will play again

WINDOWS

Only tested on Window 2000 prof. Startup the windows PiMPStreamer.exe, it will startup a server on port 3333

Just change the values and refresh the psp.

Download Via Comments or Via Homepage (http://www.geocities.com/dickydick1969)

chickenclaws
March 30th, 2006, 23:32
works like a dream!

felonyr301
March 31st, 2006, 00:07
damn it i need to go buy myself an wireless router now *sigh i have a wired router for now seems like the wireless routers ae in good speed now

pspfan
March 31st, 2006, 00:39
This still only streams inside your local network, right?

Kloe
March 31st, 2006, 01:19
i think you might be able to stream your stuff from your network with any internet connection you get with the PSP so if you're on someone elses network you can stream your files still. Am I right? please correct me if I'm wrong. For everyone's sake I hope i'm right! :D

cool_one556
March 31st, 2006, 01:21
logically if you were to forward port 3333 then you should be able to get to it anywhere. Havn't tried it yet though.

Psyberjock
March 31st, 2006, 01:30
Does anyone else see how collectively close we are to XBMC now?

PSP Radio + PiMP Streamer + PMP Mod + PSPlayer + FTPD + File Assistant + OSS Shell = XBMC

Does anyone think we could see some cooperation to get this stuff unified? Cause then we'd really have a replacement shell. Especially if someone were to show up with a web browser.

Kloe
March 31st, 2006, 01:46
im having trouble getting it to work. It doesn't give enough explination in editing the .ini file and setting up the server correctly. I did everything the instructions said but can't get it to work.

LazerTag
March 31st, 2006, 01:57
You can host from the outside as long as you know what your external IP is and port forward on your router internally to your PMP server. It however does not resolve DNS names so using something like DynDNS won't work. :(

Anyway I have tried it myself using Optixx's version of PMP MOD, though a bit slower from the outside it does work.

IndianCheese
March 31st, 2006, 02:55
Hmmm...Apparantly I got it connected, but I can only see the PMP files in the PSP\VIDEO\ folder on my Memory Stick instead of the ones on the server. Is it just not possible to have both?

IndianCheese
March 31st, 2006, 04:26
Never mind, I was adding quotations in the folder path. But now I have another problem: when I choose a video, it says Loading... then it goes to Could Not Connect To Server and the PiMPstream server on my computer closes.

felonyr301
March 31st, 2006, 04:29
damn it i was waiting for the new wireless routers before i buy one like the new n ones but this is making me buy a cheap wireless router for now.

IndianCheese
March 31st, 2006, 04:31
Just get WiFiMAX. It is a USB dongle that plugs into your computer and creates WiFi for your PSP or DS (what it is actually meant for, can be used for anything)

cool_one556
March 31st, 2006, 05:25
Its not working so good for me either. It tries to connect, and the windows app closes. I tried reloading the app right away and it says its sending frames, but no matter what video I use it reaches about 2156 frames and the psp turns off. :(

Shemp
March 31st, 2006, 06:06
I'm having a bit of trouble myself. I've double-checked the WLAN settings on my 1.50 PSP, tested the connection (97% strength, all hunky-dory), and when I launch the PSP client, it brings up a white-on-purple error message, saying that I don't have anything in "ms0:\PSP\VIDEO\"

While this is true, that directory didn't even exist until I manually created it. Also, the PSP client doesn't seem to even try the WLAN connection prior to giving the error. Now, does this need another app like PMP installed, or something? Or is some text file I missed that someone's going to shout "RTFM!" for? I'd really like this to work, as this is the one application I've been waiting for on my PSP.

Cheers for bringing it!

cool_one556
March 31st, 2006, 06:37
you need something in the video folder or else PMP doesn't load. I just put a random mpeg.

lecdg2
March 31st, 2006, 10:42
Well it is working for me, but the video is very slow even with a small bitrate( video 100; sound 64). Is it the same for you?
thank!

lecdg2
March 31st, 2006, 11:59
oops, for no reason it is now not working at all, It tries to connect then the windows app closes and on the psp si have Could Not Connect To Server :(

tcjew
March 31st, 2006, 12:11
yeah same for me aswell, when i press a file on the PMP player the windows server shuts down :(

IndianCheese
March 31st, 2006, 22:26
Hmmm. I will try with a static connection since I see that a lot of people are having this problem.

IndianCheese
March 31st, 2006, 22:45
Nope, that didn't solve the problem.