PDA

View Full Version : Iris Zelda

Assassin02
March 30th, 2006, 22:58
I think a gewd idea for a Home brew game would be a Zelda OOT homebrew, or somthing imitating it or somthing completely new, just using the IRIS format.
With some changes you could add some kind of jump and instead of a gun there could be a sword (but you can use arrows and you go in 1st person or somthing)
Since Monkey 64 may not get the N64 running for a while, he's doing a good job though :D ::thumbs up::
And it may be a while before we see our beloved Zelda on the psp.
Any kewl programmers up to the task?

Cloud_35
March 30th, 2006, 23:20
I am not precissely a programmer, but I think It could be a better Idea trying to port a classic Zelda game (well, MORE classic). I don't have an idea of what is a sourcecode (if someone or you knoww, please tell me), but I saw an adaptation of the classic NES Zelda for PC and I think it's possible to "extract" that Kode. Waddya think?

PLEASE, IF I SAID SOME NONSENSE DON'T LAUGH :(

Rebonack
March 31st, 2006, 00:04
I am not precissely a programmer, but I think It could be a better Idea trying to port a classic Zelda game (well, MORE classic). I don't have an idea of what is a sourcecode (if someone or you knoww, please tell me), but I saw an adaptation of the classic NES Zelda for PC and I think it's possible to "extract" that Kode. Waddya think?

PLEASE, IF I SAID SOME NONSENSE DON'T LAUGH :(
I know what you're talking about. Zelda Classic (http://www.zeldaclassic.com) is a PC version of the classic NES game The Legend of Zelda. There is also a program which allows anyone to create their own quest to be played in Zelda Classic, including the overworld, and the dungeons, and everything. If ZeldaClassic were ported to PSP, anyone could create their own quest on their PC and put it on their PSP or just pick one of the many quests available on ZeldaClassic.com, and there would always be something to do.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I would love if someone could do it.

Wally
March 31st, 2006, 00:20
Zelda Classic is not exactly open source :)

pkmaximum
March 31st, 2006, 02:36
Why not just play it through nesterJ honestly. I don't see why anyone would want to waste their time on a project like that if it runs perfectly through the emulator any way.

Rebonack
March 31st, 2006, 05:19
I know it does, I just have been thinking about how great it would be to make my own quest and then play through it on my PSP, or play some of the other quests that people have made on my PSP. It's much better than just... Zelda 1.

I didn't know if it would be possible, and I figured I'd suggest it. I guess it's not. I'm still enjoying my NesterJ Zelda :)

Produkt
March 31st, 2006, 06:05
I didn't want to spread any information about this yet... but PSDemon tapped me onto this. There is already a project going on along that but there are alot of story alterations to avoid any IP violations. develpment ETA isn't a timely one... especialy considering the quality we want. but their should be constantly updated progress... check in PSMonkeys forum's over the weekend and you'll learn more.

Shadowblind
April 2nd, 2006, 05:58
why dont u try porting zelda ocarina of time to it?

Produkt
April 2nd, 2006, 06:32
because unlike some people, I dont like violating Intelectual Propery laws...

what I'm working on is based AROUND... OoT... but it has its own storyline and an altered version of the land of hyrule...

stotheamuel
April 2nd, 2006, 06:39
gotsta keep it legal 'fors ya get into sony's shoes

damn intelectual property laws!

Produkt
April 2nd, 2006, 07:26
its not just the laws to me... but I've already beaten OoT about 3 times and I'm currently replaying it just so I can get the map layouts done properly...

I want a new story... and this time I'm writing it... so if it was rated... it would be rated M for "MOTHER****INGMATURE!" :P

no it has mild adult languages, adult situations, Violence, Gore, sex minigame...

Ziro
April 2nd, 2006, 07:50
I know what you're talking about. Zelda Classic (http://www.zeldaclassic.com) is a PC version of the classic NES game The Legend of Zelda. There is also a program which allows anyone to create their own quest to be played in Zelda Classic, including the overworld, and the dungeons, and everything. If ZeldaClassic were ported to PSP, anyone could create their own quest on their PC and put it on their PSP or just pick one of the many quests available on ZeldaClassic.com, and there would always be something to do.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I would love if someone could do it.

LOL, I never heard of this untill now
Then again, I've always been playing GraalOnline (http://www.graalonline.com) (formally known as ZeldaOnline)

Cooe14
April 4th, 2006, 07:03
its not just the laws to me... but I've already beaten OoT about 3 times and I'm currently replaying it just so I can get the map layouts done properly...

I want a new story... and this time I'm writing it... so if it was rated... it would be rated M for "MOTHER****INGMATURE!" :P

no it has mild adult languages, adult situations, Violence, Gore, sex minigame...
only three times...???? hahahaha i'm on 22. that game never gets old. :D but hey i'm all for something new :)

Shilo
April 4th, 2006, 12:08
You could allways use some NES rom hacking tools to make your own moddified version of Zelda that would play on Nester J (or at least it should).

Cap'n 1time
April 4th, 2006, 14:18
LOL, I never heard of this untill now
Then again, I've always been playing GraalOnline (http://www.graalonline.com) (formally known as ZeldaOnline)

I used to play that.. back when it was free. I played on a server called sanstrata. Good times.

Anyway back to an open source Zelda game:

http://openlynks.sourceforge.net/

Its seen a port on Dreamcast already.

jman420
April 18th, 2006, 21:17
okay, is IRIS modeled in 3DS, or can it use 3DS's file formats???? if this is possible, I would work with someone modeling the intirety of a zelda world.. I have always wanted to re-do the SNES zelda in 3D..

but I only use Autodesk 3DS Max 8.. so someone may have to figure out how to make that compatible

either way, PM me if anyone would want my assistance...
Jman

yaustar
April 18th, 2006, 21:48
I think Iris uses MD2 so all you have to do is export to that format via plugins in Max.

jman420
April 18th, 2006, 22:57
hmm, then if anyone would want to assist me with modding zelda to Iris I'd like to model for it :D