PDA

View Full Version : Remote Touch DS; mouse and keyboard from your DS v0.1 released

wraggster
June 10th, 2009, 22:30
News/release from BlazerRazor (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=16687&sid=4df4c99836ab0ed8bb89d9bdfe13a9fd)

http://imgur.com/DaOxxl.png

Hello all,

I thought I would post a little about my personal project. Basically this project is a project connected to my Computer Science degree, but I thought I would post it on here as well, and maybe you guys would be interested in testing it and using it. As I said it is just a personal project made to explore what is possible with the DS and should not considered as a very useful application - just for the fun of it ;)

I am going to release it soon, but it's not quite ready yet.

The solution is client-server based, obviously, and requires you to have a server running. It is not plugged with synergy, it is my own solution. The server receives commands from the Nintendo DS and acts according to them.

UPDATE:
First version released - 0.1. Mouse and keyboard support + media play controls. Keyboard needs serious calibration, will be done later. Remember, this is a VERY early release, but I want to please you as soon as possible :D It will contain bugs and is not finished at all as a project.

Source will be released at a later point, need to clean up the codebase and stuff.

Download Remote Touch DS, and have fun ;)
Feel free to redistribute this .zip, will save me bandwidth.

(Read "README" in .zip before you ask any questions please :))

Changelog:
0.1 (first public release) Mouse and keyboard support + media play controls. Keyboard needs serious calibration, will be done later.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

TheDevilWithinJordz
June 11th, 2009, 23:19
I can't seem to get the server side to work. I double click on the server file and it flashes up command prompt and does nothing else. Any ideas?

Edit: found out the problem. everything works as specified except i can't move the mouse with the touch screen.

LDAsh
June 12th, 2009, 05:10
You need to run the EXE with an open port as an attribute in the command line.

Touchscreen problems may be your flashcart. Are you using a Cyclo-Evo by any chance?