PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: PSP firmware live [version 5.51]

wraggster
June 11th, 2009, 16:17
PSP firmware update v5.51 is now live. But don't bank on it bringing any new features to you handheld. This one's about making previous features work better.

Update: Sony's told us: "Just a quick update this morning to let you know that a new PSP firmware update, version 5.51, is now available. The update improves PSP System software stability during use of some features." Update Out

Eric Lempel, director of PlayStation Network Operations, has said that a new firmware update is coming soon to PSP.

"A new PSP firmware update, v5.51, will be released soon. System software stability during use of some features has been improved."

That's it. No further details were offered. We'll let you know when it goes live. Don't say you weren't warned.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217312

(needless to say Homebrewers leave this alone :))

apex05
June 11th, 2009, 17:39
Making features work better eh... Just coincidence that cfw 5.50 Gen was announced yesterday then?

fpcreator2000
June 11th, 2009, 22:12
Making features work better eh... Just coincidence that cfw 5.50 Gen was announced yesterday then?

But of course my man, you know how Sony works!

stanfy86
June 12th, 2009, 18:48
if they were specific to the stability issues they were fixing, i might give a shit, but as it is, we all know its just another failing attempt to stop hackers.

Nightmare-Rex
June 23rd, 2009, 05:12
PSP OFW updates are stupid.

Ultima Chocochu
June 23rd, 2009, 05:56
if they were specific to the stability issues they were fixing, i might give a shit, but as it is, we all know its just another failing attempt to stop hackers.

Even if this is an old topic, this was most likely in no way to stop hackers.
Considering the amount of PS One games released, and even the PS3 firmware update just "improving" things, I'd say it fixed up the PS One emulator to work for the games that're being released, which isn't useless.