PDA

View Full Version : Study says gamers sleep less

wraggster
June 11th, 2009, 16:25
Gamers who play for more than seven hours a week sleep less than casual or non-gamers, a new study has claimed.

According to research presented at the wicked-sounding SLEEP 2009 event, 'hardcore' gamers sleep less during weekdays and experience all-round greater sleepiness.

So Nintendo really could be on to a winner with that Wii sleeping game.

"Excessive" gamers have significantly poorer sleep hygiene and sleep less on weekdays than other gamers, says the study, which claims to have found "a significant positive correlation" between the hours of game play and sleepiness. Probably because "excessive" gamers are playing WoW at two in the morning instead of getting shut-eye.

Gamers who reported that their gaming interfered with sleep slept for 1.6 hours less than other gamers, it says, while those who "claimed to be addicted" to gaming slept one hour less on weekdays.

"Our statistics revealed that those who admitted addiction scored higher on the Epworth Sleepiness Scale (sleepiness)," said investigator Amanda Woolems. "It surprised us, however, that of the people who admitted being addicted to gaming, only about a third of them recognized an interference with their sleep."

Sleep is for the weak. We power on.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217345

wraggster
June 11th, 2009, 16:27
typical day for wraggy

6.30am wake up
7.00 to 3pm work
3-4pm pick kids up
4-5pm - do some newsposting
5-6pm - Pick Wife up do some shopping
6pm -2am - Newsposting, family, watch TV, watch wanker neighbours

devdj
June 11th, 2009, 18:42
you think you have it bad i'm practically an insomniac i get 3-4 hours of sleep most nights and less other nights i.e. party nights lol

wolfpack
June 11th, 2009, 21:05
typical day for wraggy

6.30am wake up
7.00 to 3pm work
3-4pm pick kids up
4-5pm - do some newsposting
5-6pm - Pick Wife up do some shopping
6pm -2am - Newsposting, family, watch TV, watch wanker neighbours

A quick glimpse into the life of Wraggy.

Doesnt seem to be much gaming for you! :(