PDA

View Full Version : Sega Tectoy Consoles Review

DCEmu_Newsposter
November 2nd, 2004, 15:19
GBAx.com (http://www.gbax.com/main.pl) have today posted a review of the Sega licenced consoles with tons of games built in that are made in Brazil, the consoles which are a Megadrive with 60 games, a Master System with 105 games and a Master System Handheld console with 27 games are made by Tectoy, heres part of the review:[br][br] I've wanted to get my hands on these consoles for well over a year and finally this week they arrived fresh from Brazil after much bribery and corruption. Well it more invoved using babblefish to help with my Portugese. Anyhow, unique white Sega systems with 27, 60 and 105 commercial licenced games built in? How come only South America gets such goodness? [br][br]The power supply is built into the unit so any plug adaptor will work, so no need for a step down converter and the AV cables come supplied. The systems are the nice 60hz versions so the games run faster and smoother, the best way. The Sega Handy console uses 4 AA batteries and is SMS/GG technology. The Megadrive/Genesis is based on the Genesis3 edition but its a white/grey color with the TecToy and Sega logo on it, the SMS is based on the SMS 2 model and again is white, both come with 2 Megadrive 6 button pads which are grey. [br][br]Read the full review of these rather cool sounding consoles at GBAx.com (http://www.gbax.com/main.pl)

paulokhm
November 2nd, 2004, 17:44
well, im brazillian, and its true, we have many good Sega consoles here. from Tec Toy Master System (with many built-in games) to made in Brazil Dreamcast Consoles. the MS and Mega Drive releases are very good, but our pal-Dreamcast have a problem with games that runs with 50Hs, a half-screen is a weird bug...
also, we do have many MS/Genesis/Dreamcast games made here, with translated instrutions. the main point was the MS games, more than 100 games.

its a good review, for non-brazillians and for us too. but the week point is this line:

"this week they arrived fresh from Brazil after much bribery and corruption."

of course, i cannot agree. i dont want to start anything here, but its better to learn more about a country than believe in anything that you see on TV. we have many corruption here, as they have in Germany, England, or any country. for a example: im here, im not corrupted, my family is not corrupted, as my friends. they love to say on TV: 'Brazil is the land of corruption'. well, they say many more lies about other countries, including 1st world ones.

we can see a very good point on review:

"Anyhow, unique white Sega systems with 27, 60 and 105 commercial licenced games built in? How come only South America gets such goodness?"

yes, we have a mega drive version here with more than 80 games included. and why? coz original games here are too expensive (60 dollars or so). everybody knows, in 3rd world countries, money is not a thing that you have a lot to spend. than, they released consoles with many games included, people didnt want to buy pirated games, and these consoles (especially MS and Genesis) sells a lot here. also, we have Sega CD, 52x 'made-in-brazil' versions too, and Dreamcast, as we know. but the original games are expensive, than, the piracy wins with DC. but DC Consoles arent expensive.

nice to see brazillian consoles releases on DCEmu" ;D i love Sega Consoles, especially the 'made-in-Brazil' ones.

Paulo Hollanda

paulokhm
November 2nd, 2004, 17:52
ooops, sorry for the second post ::) its 32x, not 52x. :-/

Saoshyant
November 2nd, 2004, 21:44
-_-... You have a portuguese here for god's sake, if someone needs help in translating portuguese or spanish which are the two languages I know aside english, do contact me, because I know this wasn't dcemu.co.uk related, but still... saying things were slow because of portuguese language is lame...

Anyway here stands my word. Need help translating things? I am around.

tinku
November 3rd, 2004, 08:50
these cheap megadrive consoles will always be popular in South America because a PS2 sells for $320 here in Bolivia, Dreamcast Origional new boxed $260 games for $1 as origionals just can not be purchased they dont exist and most people dont have credit cards to purchase from overseas.

amazing what is the price in Brazilian $ ??

tinku

tinku
November 3rd, 2004, 09:04
Saoshyant: you seem to have problems with English i doubt we would be able to read your translation, words never stand and thats just a part of your errors.

tinku

Darksaviour69
November 3rd, 2004, 09:16
i understand Saoshyant fine,

Saoshyant: thanks for the offer, and we will be in touch if we need your help

paulokhm
November 3rd, 2004, 10:49
a 'brand new' Dreamcast here in Brazil can be purchased with $80! , but only in a few stories, and its hard to find one that sells overseas... ps2 sells for $330 (biiiiiiiiig difference, huh?).
like i said, we have a few stories selling Dreamcast, but these ones haves many DC Consoles, including the used ones. and also, a used one here sells for 65$. but the original games are too expensive. a new DC game sells for $40! a used one sells for $10.
also, we have many Mega Drives here, but only the 'made-in-Brazil' ones. you can buy a used Tec Toy Mega Drive here in the town, with many built-in games, for only $20.
as you can see, Brazil is not so bad as it seems 8)

and hey, i agree with darksaviour, Saoshyant english is fine. and i can help with all portuguese translations, just tell me if you need it ::)

Saoshyant, many greetings for my Bolivian brothers, especcialy to you! hasta la vista, hermano! ;D

Paulo Hollanda

paulokhm
November 3rd, 2004, 10:56
nahhhhhhh, i need to play less Crazy Taxy 2 and take more time to rest :o the bolivian guy is tinku :-X sorry, its the last mistake here, i promess :P

wraggster
November 3rd, 2004, 10:58
Can i just say that the review was done in a jokey way and British Humour may be taken the wrong way by those not of a british origin.

I found that out the other week over a newspost i made, so please take no offence from the review itself.

DaMadFiddler
November 3rd, 2004, 11:29
One thing I *didn't* see in the reviews, though, and the pictures left rather ambiguous: do any of them play actual game carts? ...Just curious.

Alexvrb
November 3rd, 2004, 12:50
It was obvious he was joking when he wrote "bribery and corruption". ;)

warmtoe
November 3rd, 2004, 16:07
It was obvious he was joking when he wrote "bribery and corruption". ;)

Obvious to us - not to a Brazillian perhaps.

The article did say that if you have a real cart inserted it plays that cart and doesn't show the menu of built in games.

I'm intrigued by the mention of 'Made in Brazil Dreamcasts' - does this mean that they there's a 3rd party vendor produced Dreamcast unit? If so - the Dreamcast is gonna live forever!!!

wraggster
November 3rd, 2004, 16:41
There is Warmtoe

I have heard of talks about securing these Dreamcasts and bringing them to the UK.

paulokhm
November 4th, 2004, 07:12
Can i just say that the review was done in a jokey way and British Humour may be taken the wrong way by those not of a british origin.

I found that out the other week over a newspost i made, so please take no offence from the review itself.

ok, i can understand. the famous british humor. i take no offence at all, and i just want to warn people abut this 'midia' concept of a 'totally corrupted Brazil'. as we can see on alexvrb post:

"It was obvious he was joking when he wrote "bribery and corruption".

ok, but its not so obvious for some people who believes in that midia concept. but lets forget it.

its fine Wraggster! ;D

paulokhm
November 4th, 2004, 07:18
There is Warmtoe

I have heard of talks about securing these Dreamcasts and bringing them to the UK.

i have heard of talks about it too.
in fact, while you cannot find a DC to buy in many other countries, here in Brazil, its easy to buy one. dont ask me why, but here in the town, we even have new consoles.
and hey, believe it or not: we have new Mega Drives and Master System's too... yes, not used...

tinku
November 4th, 2004, 09:13
{your remarks are inappropriate }

wraggster
November 4th, 2004, 23:09
Lets hope Brazil or Hong Kong start making and selling Broad Band Adapters for the Dreamcast.

Are the Dreamcasts the same colour as the rest of the world?

A dreamcast that has a DVD Drive that still reads GD roms would be very interesting

Eric
November 4th, 2004, 23:45
yes this tinku guy is being a real piss off i think its about time someone should ban this guy cause not only is he harrassing me he is starting on others aswell as an adult with a kid i thought would make a person mature that boy is going to grow up just like daddy a complete and utter @$$#### cause he has no respect for no one sorry if this is insulting but i rather stick up for myself and the rest of the scene cause there is nothing we can do sitting back listening to this guy ramble on like an idiot

paulokhm
November 5th, 2004, 13:43
Lets hope Brazil or Hong Kong start making and selling Broad Band Adapters for the Dreamcast.
Are the Dreamcasts the same colour as the rest of the world?

yes, same color, and a blue sega logo.
wow, a Broad band Adapter made here? its a biiiiiig dream, im looking for it for two years... >:(

Cap'n 1time
November 5th, 2004, 14:32
yes, same color, and a blue sega logo.
wow, a Broad band Adapter made here? its a biiiiiig dream, im looking for it for two years... >:(

WHERE?! I would buy one too!

WHurricane16
November 5th, 2004, 19:49
ok, i can understand. the famous british humor. i take no offence at all, and i just want to warn people abut this 'midia' concept of a 'totally corrupted Brazil'. as we can see on alexvrb post:

"It was obvious he was joking when he wrote "bribery and corruption". *
ok, but its not so obvious for some people who believes in that midia concept. but lets forget it.

its fine Wraggster! ;D

It was taken out of context, don't be so sensitive.

Nothing in what was written was describing your country. *If you take offence to it, then it's how you feel about your own country. *My advice to you is to fix the thinking (and the image) of your country then you wouldn't be so sensitive about the words "bribery", "corruption", "drugs", and whatever else that might make you moist in the same sentence. *Furthermore, you wouldn't be this sensitive about it unless there were some truth in it.

Sorry to go negative, but before I read this thread I thought North Americans were very sensitive people. *My advice to South America: *read my first paragraph again.