PDA

View Full Version : MoonShell version 2.02 stable

wraggster
June 11th, 2009, 20:26
Moonlight (http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/) has released a new version of Moonshell for the DS, i couldnt find a changelog but heres some info of what it does for those not in the know:

Support file formats.

Music formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG, WAV, M4A, AAC, WMA, TTA, MID, RCP, R36
MOD formats: MOD, IT, MTM, S3M, XM, 669, MED, STM, AMF, GDM, ULT, UNI, ASY, IMF, OKT, STX
Chiptune formats: SPC, NSF, GBS, HES, AY, SAP, KSS
Playlist formats: M3U, WPL
Picture formats: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, PSD
Support DPG movie files.
Support text files.

Limitations concerning format.

NDS: Not support commercial NDSROM files.
WMA: Not support 'loss-less' and 'voice mode' format WMA files.
M4A, AAC, WMA: Not support encrypted files.
MID: Not support 'Standard MIDI file format.2' format.
SPC: Tone quality is very bad.
Chiptune: Only the first track is performed. The FM sound chip cannot be emulated.
Playlist: Support encode is ANSI, S-JIS, UTF-8, CP437, CP850, CP1252.
Text file: Support encode is ANSI, S-JIS, UTF-8, UTF-16BE, UTF-16LE. Auto detection only.

Information is displayed in the file list. MP3, Jpeg, BMP, PSD, DPG only.

Limitations concerning file with large size.

Picture formats: The size that exceeds 3648x2736 pixels cannot be displayed.
Text file: The line that exceeds 131072 lines is disregarded.
MOD: The file that exceeds about 500KByte might not be able to be reproduced.
MID, RCP, R36: The file that exceeds about 500KByte might not be able to be reproduced.

Download Here (http://mdxonlinemirror.dyndns.org/200906111529_moonshell202stable.zip)and Give Feedback Via Comments

Justinistheman
June 11th, 2009, 20:40
I believe the update fixes the start and select delay bug introduced in v2.01 as infantile had a small uodate earlier that fixed it so he probaly put a whole package together and named it v2.02
EDIT: i also found out that he finally fixed moonshell recognizing the DS Opera Browser's Ram Expansion of 8MB's so im happy but i dont know how it will be used

ChaoticanarchyX
June 12th, 2009, 15:59
I know when I have myGBA sized RAM in and have moonshell running and looking at pictures, the pictures load way faster. I wonder if the RAM also gives the DPG movies an assist somehow.....

Justinistheman
June 12th, 2009, 21:23
I know when I have myGBA sized RAM in and have moonshell running and looking at pictures, the pictures load way faster. I wonder if the RAM also gives the DPG movies an assist somehow.....

Oh yeah that i did notice a slight difference in the loading times when watching DPG movies.

ChaoticanarchyX
June 13th, 2009, 05:43
I was hoping that they incorpreated the 3in1 +'s. Guess they are still only working so far for the GBA sized cart sizes for 3in1 compatability