PDA

View Full Version : DGEN for PSP v1.40 (Genesis Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
April 1st, 2006, 00:40
Syn-z (http://syn-k.sakura.ne.jp/dgen_psp/) has released a new version of whats probably the best Genesis emulator for the PSP at this time, heres whats new: (via Translation by b8a)

Ver 1.40

* Added wireless multiplayer functionailty.
(for details on connecting, etc... refer to adhoc.txt(adhoc_eng.txt).)
* The simple multiplayer functionality has been removed.
* Fixed it so that the speed is adjusted when Frame Skip was set to 0.
* Fixed the problem with turbo not working when Frame Skip was set to 0.
* Fixed it so that when recovering after sleep during a game it returns to the menu.
* Added the ability to exit (return to the PSP menu) from the menu screen.
(it's "analog <- +START" when in the menu scree

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Kaiser
April 1st, 2006, 00:44
:) downloading keep it up Syn-z

O-bake
April 1st, 2006, 01:13
Oh yeah, another quality update for one of my favourite systems.

Thank you very very much!

jrsmaster411
April 1st, 2006, 02:32
why's their 2?

b8a
April 1st, 2006, 03:04
why's their 2?
The 140b file is for 1.50 systems. I noticed something was missing in the original post, so I did a translation of the release notes:

<div style="width:95%; margin: auto; padding: 2%; background-color:rgb(230,230,230); border: thin black solid"><table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0 width="100%"><tr><td width="10%" valign="top">Ver 1.40</td><td valign="top"><ul><li>Added wireless multiplayer functionailty.<br />(for details on connecting, etc... refer to adhoc.txt(adhoc_eng.txt).)</li><li>The simple multiplayer functionality has been removed.</li><li>Fixed it so that the speed is adjusted when Frame Skip was set to 0.</li><li>Fixed the problem with turbo not working when Frame Skip was set to 0.</li><li>Fixed it so that when recovering after sleep during a game it returns to the menu.</li><li>Added the ability to exit (return to the PSP menu) from the menu screen.<br />(it's "analog <- +START" when in the menu screen)</li></ul></td></tr></table></div>

SSaxdude
April 1st, 2006, 03:20
Does DGEN work with 2.0 because I know more people with 2.0 than 1.5. Also, does the adhoc work with 2.0 and how good is it?

kyle2194
April 1st, 2006, 03:41
adhoc does not work in 2.0, but why not get them to downgrade?

pkmaximum
April 1st, 2006, 04:33
hmm so is this ad hoc mode like better than the other release. As what I mean do you still have to look over your friends sholder to play multiplayer. and just use the other PSP as a blank screened contoller :(.

Cloud_35
April 1st, 2006, 04:51
OOOOOOH MAN!!! I read this just after i installed it!!!! Any way...

Cloud_35
April 1st, 2006, 04:54
Oh, i forgot this. I saw the The link in Kaiser's post, and it's simply frightening. Go ahead! see it.

pkmaximum
April 1st, 2006, 04:56
can someone just answer my previous question please :)

w0lv3121n3
April 1st, 2006, 07:26
Since the previous versions workes with firmware 2.60 with Gta, will this work with 2.60 too?

Shannon
April 1st, 2006, 07:35
Adhoc as in two people with a PSP can play against eachother looking at their own seperate PSP screens.

:rolleyes:

PsychoSync
April 1st, 2006, 07:47
Thanks again b8a for your translation.

FaytLeingod
April 1st, 2006, 08:16
Hey everyone, I'm using Fw 1.5 and I'm having issues with DGen freezing up (both the 1.3 and 1.4 ver). Sometimes it just freezes the rom (and I can load a diff'rent rom), and sometimes it freezes the PSP. Dgen loads just fine like it always has. I recetly downgraded from 2.0 due to issues with compatability. Is anyone else having these problems. The roms worked fine before I downgraded. Help is appreciated.

sebwanna
April 1st, 2006, 08:28
thankyou very much for this. ive been looking for long time googles init lmao, yeah taaa cery much!

loredan
April 1st, 2006, 08:36
Hey everyone I just downloaded and installed dgen 1.40 on my ver 2.6 psp and tried to load it up with the gta exploit and after i start it my psp just turns off but i ran the older versions with success any pointers?

kayhanbakid
April 1st, 2006, 09:02
i read the adhoc readme and it' s kinda wierd. it says something like charging your psp while playing adhoc wont work and you can only charge your battery after removing it for a while. i may have read it wrong but it sounds kind of scary to me.

if the adhoc works well this would be huge news. this is actually a huge systems with some great mulatiplayer games. but i'm a little scared to try it until i hear how it works.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
April 1st, 2006, 09:25
fkin awsome great to wake up to. Nursing a hangover lol

totoff28
April 1st, 2006, 10:29
i have tested the emu.. ;)
i work great :D
but games are not working :(

exemple : outrunners : graphical bug
and dinoland my prefered pinball games : not show flip and other
graphic corruption

thanks for good work and continue this compatibility games and other extras features

thanks bye
totoff28

Ps: i'm french emul lover, excusse for my bad english :o

Eleetist
April 1st, 2006, 14:45
Contra Hard Corps doesn't seem to start, but Gunstar runs better than ever, a whole lot of graphical glitches have been fixed and it sounds like the sound has been improved.

D0N
April 1st, 2006, 16:08
WOW! Now this is what i like to see :D Keep up the good work man!

SSaxdude
April 1st, 2006, 17:02
There are some issues with this emulator, like how Sonic 2 runs extremely slow in Act 2 of the second world. Maybe it might work with a Japanese version of the game. If you have problems with it locking up then the rom probably isn't compatable with DGEN or the rom is in an uncompatable format. Anyway, syn-z is awesome for this!

pkmaximum
April 1st, 2006, 17:07
I know this is off topic but for some reason I can't start a new thread and I don't know why. at www.pspupdates.com the new nesterj emulator came out and I'm pretty convinced this is not an aprils fools joke. its nerterj v1.2 alpha release. There is still apparently a lot of bugs in the wifi mode for ad hoc but it has ad hoc. This is the era where all my favorite emulators start to have ad hoc mode. Can't wait for snes too.

P.S. I love the DGEN ad hoc mode too. Works great. Hope to eventually see infastrucutre mode if its possible but ad hoc is really all I need. :)

D0N
April 1st, 2006, 17:28
I just tried this now and it doesnt seem to work on v2.60

Eleetist
April 1st, 2006, 20:23
The roms are in zip format, Contra I mean. Too bad, I was really looking forward to playing that. But still, great emu and great work, keep it up :)

pkmaximum
April 1st, 2006, 22:24
Here is the nes emulator that supports ad hoc mode.

ste
April 1st, 2006, 22:40
Contra Hard Corps doesn't seem to start, but Gunstar runs better than ever, a whole lot of graphical glitches have been fixed and it sounds like the sound has been improved.

Wierd. I can get Contra working (UK version called Probotector, although graphics are messed-up) but Gunstar just blacks-out after the selection screens. Which region is your rom?

bah
April 1st, 2006, 23:17
Is this release working for anyone under 2.0 via the tiff eloader (Bière d'Alsace)?
I get a hard path warning, and continuing just goes to a black screen and the psp shuts off.

Cheers

pkmaximum
April 2nd, 2006, 00:47
did anybody try the nes emulator I swear to god its not an april fools prank. Just try it out you will see.

IndianCheese
April 2nd, 2006, 01:09
I wonder if he will ever get an Infrastructure server set up...that would be AWESOME!!!!! Of course, there would have to be some sort of check to make sure it is the EXACT same rom.

To the people asking about 2.00+: NO. 2.00+ does not support Ad Hoc. At all.

Damian666
April 2nd, 2006, 06:02
I just recieved Fanjita's newest eloader "Super Bach" and this emulator doesn't work. Great update though, thanx Syn-z!!!

Eleetist
April 2nd, 2006, 08:26
Wierd. I can get Contra working (UK version called Probotector, although graphics are messed-up) but Gunstar just blacks-out after the selection screens. Which region is your rom?

How do you find out a ROM's region? If you mean the language my Gunstar is English. I'll try and find your Contra and see if it works, thanks.

pkmaximum
April 2nd, 2006, 13:31
well i hope some of you tried the nes emulator i posted back on page 3 because its real and I have been having loads of fun playing super mario 2 player :) you guys should try it out because wragster for some reason did not post it here.

Eleetist
April 2nd, 2006, 16:24
Just tried Probotector, but can't get past the first level because of the graphical glitches. Too bad, but still, I can't put into words how much I appreciate the coder's work, this is one of the most polished emus out there and getting better with every release.

chaos-is-me
April 2nd, 2006, 19:51
Ergh, Can't get this to work on my 2.6 psp using the newest eloader. Tried using older versions and now they won't work either even though I was playing Sonic fine about an hour ago on the older Dgen.. Anybody know if this is the new eloader or dgen or is it just me?

ThOrGaLSuGo
April 3rd, 2006, 01:27
I had to change folders names to make it works on my 1.5...
Just turn
DGEN____________________________
DGEN__~1%

to
DGEN
DGEN%

SSaxdude
April 3rd, 2006, 02:39
I didn't have to change the folder names to work on my 1.5. I guess syn-z made the folders like that to hide the corrupted icon. Some things don't work when you do that.

John Vattic
April 3rd, 2006, 23:15
Yeah has anyone tried this nesterj? I want a second opinion. :confused:

I love this new dgen. :cool:

now is the time for psp homebrew polishing.

first sms, then dgen, then nesterj, and soon snes.

MUCH! Respect! to all psp coders who help make psp the best handheld ever.

IndianCheese
April 4th, 2006, 00:02
Well, the WiFi is great. At first there was no lag or loss of sync, but then the sync appeared to become confuzzled. A while after, there was no sync loss anymore. However, there are two bugs I must inform you of: for some reason, my sister's PSP would automatically go into suspend when "Connect..." was displayed, and on coming out of suspend, it shuts off the WiFi. Also, when using WiFi, exiting a ROM and choosing another, the PSP goes straight to the Initializing Data screen.

jessman
April 4th, 2006, 00:37
Darnit. 1.30 works on 2.6 but not 1.40! That's crap! Will is ever work?

PSP mega drive II
April 11th, 2006, 13:21
Alright A Close Anuf Decent Megadrive Emu! Rok On!

PSP mega drive II
April 11th, 2006, 13:27
I think in the next update or atleast in DGEN 2.00 they should have Sega 32x Game input or sumthin....I REALLY WANNA PLAY SPACE HARRIER 32X AND KNUCKLES CHAOTIX! :D :D :D

djhalo
April 12th, 2006, 03:54
where do you get the older versions

Ragone
April 12th, 2006, 21:23
NBA Jam/NBA Jam TE's controls aren't responsive, can't move the dpad or stick at all.
Most EA games, such as Road Rash and Skitchin have graphical bugs, and have no sound.
There's a few other games that don't boot.

rbervoets
April 12th, 2006, 21:57
does this work with e-boot loader

shuaib
April 13th, 2006, 14:37
CAN SOME 1 TELL WERE TO PUT ALL THE DGEN FOLDERS mine dont work PLZPLplPLZ

Jay_PSP
April 16th, 2006, 15:28
Anyone have 1.3 or 1.4 running on FW 2.0?

core858
April 16th, 2006, 19:50
does it work with the gta eloader for 2.5 systems?

pkmaximum
April 16th, 2006, 22:47
I feel bad for all you 2.1+ users

SuNnY_B
April 25th, 2006, 15:29
With the adhoc, in some games this does go out of sync. It doesnt make much difference on sonic but definately does on games like Mega Bomberman bcoz your character can die on the other persons PSP wen really u r still playin and then the whole game gets recked because then the CPU players start doin different stuff on each screen.

Also if you want to reload the rom or load another game, when u do tht about 3 times you get connection errors so u might as well switch off and start all over again. These are the only problems I found, apart from that its fun!

vettacossx
April 27th, 2006, 16:31
hey where the rest of the dgen downloads only 0.70 will work on 2.6 and you have to place the roms in the same folder as the eboot and even more than that the roms you put there have to be un-zipped!!! when will we see a less difficult dgen to assemble for the 2.6 mine currently works fine but i find myself answering like 20 mails a day about this emulator.....its not that i mi9nd helping other users its more the fact that this is the single most difficult emu for a newb to install....and it would just be easyer over all if this lil prob of not being able to place your roms in a folder named roms like the other vs...and having to have them unzipped....it seems so un-neccesary...do u plan to change this in the future so that ppl stop thinking its fake or does not work....ppl dont beleave me when i tell them that if you assemble it right it will work because not to be mean to anyone whos mailed me for help.....but they r simply not smart enough to assemble it in some cases.....

vettacossx
April 27th, 2006, 16:36
if yuo are a 2.01...2.5....2.6....user mail me ill send you a copy of the dgen that DOES work on your psp...vs 0.70 check this list to see all the things tested that do work on your psp!! http://www.fanjita.org/content/psp_working.html you will see dgen with a smiley face next to it and the version that fanjita has tested for your psp!! anything on the list with a y.....works!!

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 19:08
Syn-z has done a great job with this emu! It friggen rocks! So much customization with colors and display... great job Syn-z!

ReaperTek
May 1st, 2006, 21:21
Guys, Im havin some trouble here.. I just got my PSP yesterday actually.. was up all night tryin Quake, Doom, SNES and finally now DGen.. Ive tried placing the appropriate files in /PSP/Games/DGEN (first idea) no luck, got a "suspicious hard path at 08a55198" error, I did some lookin around and followed advice moving the files from there to just /PSP/GAME/ and got the same exact message.. any help? Im running 2.00 (positive) have 256 Card, blah blah.. little new on the scene.. please help!