PDA

View Full Version : PiMPStreamer 0.13 released

DickyDick1969
April 1st, 2006, 01:11
Ok I just released the next version. 0.13

PiMPStreamer: stream your video's realtime to the PSP

Whats new:

0.12a (statically linked MFC)

- server gives normal error, doesn't exit anymore (i hope)
- server more stable
- on the psp /psp/video is optional now

Download via Comments

wraggster
April 1st, 2006, 01:22
updated the newspost ;)

Shemp
April 1st, 2006, 02:27
Hmm. Don't know why I'm having all this trouble.

I loaded up the new 0.13 server and client software, went in and changed my IP in the .ini, and ran the PSP client. I got slightly better results this time: there was no mysterious error-plus-GNU-agreement screen; it showed my config info, polled the WiFi connection (!), showed the message "Connecting to Access Point," "connection state 0 of 4," "connection state 2 of 4..."

...And froze.

I had to pop the battery in order to reboot my PSP. Someone in the 0.12 board suggested putting an MPEG in the \PSP\VIDEO dir, which I did. Retested my WiFi connection, switched the debug flag in the .ini file to on, still no workie.

Anyone have some suggestions?

tcjew
April 1st, 2006, 02:28
Cool thx for the quick update...
but i still cant get it to work complettly.
I tried with static and normal ip and different movies, but allways when i choose a movie file one the psp the PIMP Streamer gives an error box with following message : " Could not open '^[]C' "
maybe i am missing something totally out or maybe its couse i got XP :) i realy got no clue :)

Anger
April 1st, 2006, 02:29
well this is still extremly buggy im sorry to say - i have yet to get a single video of any type to play on this program. now im not putting this down but it really should have been tested before release. this version does catch the afore-mentioned error that caused the server to shut down in the previous version - all fine and good - but it cannot then continue to function. this in turn makes the pimp mod on the psp crash. if i run the server and start a stream, get the error message from the server then close and reopen the server, it tries to stream the file but if you try and do anything the pimp mod then freezes (the network light flashes and the progress bar in pimp mod does seem to move but theres no sound or video, and try and do anything it freezes). i suspect the main cause of the error is the mod of the pmp itself. im really hoping to get a decent streaming client/server app that can handle avis/mpegs and this is looking hopefull.

cnt2010
April 1st, 2006, 02:30
" Could not open '^[]C' " i get the same error message

mrplug
April 1st, 2006, 02:35
" Could not open '^[]C' "

lecdg2
April 1st, 2006, 02:44
same error for me!

tblazers
April 1st, 2006, 02:57
same here :mad: :confused: maybe cuz its win xp

kyle2194
April 1st, 2006, 03:25
Hmm. Don't know why I'm having all this trouble.

I loaded up the new 0.13 server and client software, went in and changed my IP in the .ini, and ran the PSP client. I got slightly better results this time: there was no mysterious error-plus-GNU-agreement screen; it showed my config info, polled the WiFi connection (!), showed the message "Connecting to Access Point," "connection state 0 of 4," "connection state 2 of 4..."

...And froze.

I had to pop the battery in order to reboot my PSP. Someone in the 0.12 board suggested putting an MPEG in the \PSP\VIDEO dir, which I did. Retested my WiFi connection, switched the debug flag in the .ini file to on, still no workie.

Anyone have some suggestions?

make a file called blank.pmp in the video directory, wiht notepad.

Kloe
April 1st, 2006, 03:32
everything is working great except when it tries to stream the video... im getting that same "could not open" error everyone else is. It looks like I'll have to wait for a fix to be released :( i'm really looking forward to this, i hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Hevyduty
April 1st, 2006, 05:22
Just a general question, but could this app potentially be used to stream live TV to the PSP? That is, if you have a PC with a TV tuner, could you save the live TV feed to a video file and then simultaneously stream the file to the PSP? I guess the result would be "live TV with a slight delay," but that would still be pretty darn great.

Emeriastone
April 1st, 2006, 06:09
A version for v2.5+ would be greatly apreciated.

shadowprophet
April 1st, 2006, 07:51
will this work on a 2.0 system? :confused:

Shemp
April 1st, 2006, 18:16
make a file called blank.pmp in the video directory, wiht notepad.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that, still no love. I suppose one of the things that's most frustrating about this experience is that there's no positive feedback from the server app: all you can do is open the app, change a few values (no facility for a "Save Changes," either; it just cycles through the text fields), and quit it--nothing says "Server's great, Jackson!" or "Boss, we got problems..." Likewise, the PSP client hard crashes my handheld when it locks up; heck, I've taken the battery outta the darn thing, and am just going off of wall juice. :D

Now, don't get the wrong idea, DickyDick: I'm very grateful for your efforts, and I realize that this is a very early release. Please view this as a bug report, feature suggestion, and "huzzah!" all rolled into one.

That said, a version that I can make work would be a great boon. :D

IndianCheese
April 2nd, 2006, 00:02
Just a general question, but could this app potentially be used to stream live TV to the PSP? That is, if you have a PC with a TV tuner, could you save the live TV feed to a video file and then simultaneously stream the file to the PSP? I guess the result would be "live TV with a slight delay," but that would still be pretty darn great.

It seems to me that everyone except for me is clueless to what LocationFree actually is. A LocationFree Player was added to version 2.50. It streams videos, DVDs, DVR recordings, cable boxes, and basic cable TV straight to your PSP anywhere there is a wireless internet connection. All you need is 2.50 (you can use a dump of it with firmware launcher), a wireless router, and a LocationFree base station. You hook it up to your devices/cable/router, program the IR blaster to control your devices, and go somewhere there is wireless internet. And bam. You have real-time TV anywhere. Wow.

IndianCheese
April 2nd, 2006, 01:19
Ooh! I just discovered why it is not working: the thing does not work on XP. Either get an old PC or wait for him to recode the server for XP. Ima try it on my 3-year-old brother's win 98!

IndianCheese
April 2nd, 2006, 02:51
Nope, didn't work on 98...I guess it is a 2000-only program. Hopefully he will recode the whole thing for XP.

Shemp
April 2nd, 2006, 02:53
Ooh! I just discovered why it is not working: the thing does not work on XP.

Ah, that would be my issue as well. Doggone it, this is my only PC. Now, if only DickyDick'd do a server for Mac... ;)

Or I suppose I could try a Win emulator on my PSP, then have PiMPstreamer connect to a Win2k image running on... Oog. I think I just exploded my brainmeat. Time for whisky: strong medicine to battle disencraniation.

Hevyduty
April 2nd, 2006, 04:07
It seems to me that everyone except for me is clueless to what LocationFree actually is. A LocationFree Player was added to version 2.50. It streams videos, DVDs, DVR recordings, cable boxes, and basic cable TV straight to your PSP anywhere there is a wireless internet connection. All you need is 2.50 (you can use a dump of it with firmware launcher), a wireless router, and a LocationFree base station. You hook it up to your devices/cable/router, program the IR blaster to control your devices, and go somewhere there is wireless internet. And bam. You have real-time TV anywhere. Wow.
That sounds great. Of course, I think you left out the part where the LocationFree base station will cost you a small fee. And by small fee, I'm talking a mere $350.

Call me crazy or call me cheap. But if possible, I'd prefer to stream live TV to my PSP for FREE with an app like PiMPStreamer, if possible. It's not people are clueless about LocationFree. It's just no sane person would even consider paying $350 for it.

Joint022
May 5th, 2006, 04:20
I tryed so many programs to load one stupid video on py PSP and i'm tyred of it. Or maybe it's cuz my version is 2.70. Is anybody know how can a I downupgrade from 2.7 tooo samothing like 1.5?

shadowprophet
May 5th, 2006, 06:51
But as I see it theres still hope,
At the moment homebrew isnt even possible on firmware 2.7.
However that doesnt mean 2.7 wont be exploited ;)

Every new firmware we get this scare, with people shouting.

*DONT UPGRADE TO THE NEWEST FIRMWARE HOMEBREW ISNT POSSIBLE*

But then not many months, somtimes only weeks later somone finds a way.
However with the gta exploit patched up. things will probibly take a while, this time.

But I assure you given enought time 2.7 will also be exploited to play homebrew :p

Not to mention, pimpstreamer only works on 1.5 psps at the moment. Which also may some day soon change :p

So even tho things are looking pretty grim at the moment. just keep checking back with dcemu.
Cause some day soon it will pay off for you thats a promise :cool: