PDA

View Full Version : Monkey 64 (Nintendo 64 Emulator WIP Update)

wraggster
April 1st, 2006, 01:25
PSMonkey has posted news of an update of his work on the Nintendo 64 emulator for the PSP:

I NOW FINALY (took long enough) have 3d somewhat working on the emulator. Automobile lambergini is now showing 3d elements. This lovely flag is all done in 3d (the two squares behind it are 2d logo & press start text). Yes textures are off and the flag looks funny but that is due to bugs in the 3d (need to add more to the rdp to clear the psp's z-buffer).

Once I can clean up more code and fix a few things, I will post some more screenshots. Hopefuly with a good push over the weekend I will have a brand new build up early next week. So lets all enjoy and wait for more screenshots to flow in over the weekend till we all get to play this next week

Sounds excellent, check out the full info here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21618 or the official site here --> http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

knman00
April 1st, 2006, 04:11
why not release source code and get some help it seems that its a very hard task for one person to handle at this rate it seems like its gonna be a LONG time before anything is PLAYABLE

Shilo
April 1st, 2006, 04:56
Mortal Kombat Trilogies is "somewhat playalbe"
I think PSmonkey can handle it:)

smythe2005
April 1st, 2006, 10:21
why not release source code and get some help it seems that its a very hard task for one person to handle at this rate it seems like its gonna be a LONG time before anything is PLAYABLE

good things gome to those who wait....

smythe

Abstract3000
April 1st, 2006, 11:27
This guy just needs to give it up, hes full of shit there is no 64 emulator he really has no screenshots nor any exe to download though he keeps going off on this crap, Im certainly not convinced that this exists nor do i think it really could be done, Someone needs to start closing these pointless posts they just give everyone false hope.

chaos-is-me
April 1st, 2006, 12:53
You are thinking of Donkey64. Monkey64 is very real and i'm impressed with it so far.

shrimpidy
April 1st, 2006, 13:17
The n64 controller has a lot more buttons than the psp. I don't see how playing any n64 games on the psp would be possible.

mog
April 1st, 2006, 15:03
abstract, what are you talking about?
monkey64 has released screenshots... but thankfully he didnt release an exe or we wouldnt be able to download and play this emulator which is in eboot format. :p

Cap'n 1time
April 1st, 2006, 16:10
The n64 controller has a lot more buttons than the psp. I don't see how playing any n64 games on the psp would be possible.

your right. I dont see how all n64 games would be playable... but certainly some would :) .

Also combining buttons is a possibility (though it sounds weird). For instance "L" + Triangle could become "Z".. Also as few n64 games used the digital pad, thoes could become the "c" buttons. Anyway I think we have some time before anyone needs to think about the button layout :)

deteruk8
April 1st, 2006, 17:40
cool ive been waiting ages for a nj4 emu i hope it will play super mario 64

youroverlord
April 1st, 2006, 19:49
GO MONKEY! cant wait, keep it up!

felonyr301
April 1st, 2006, 23:30
keep up the good work imagine playing n64 on the psp in like a year from now with acceptable speed and glitches the possibility

slayer2psp
April 2nd, 2006, 02:27
it will never work at a playable speed cant even do gba how can you do n64

sroon
April 2nd, 2006, 05:27
Great job Monk!!

Shadowblind
April 2nd, 2006, 05:52
it will never work at a playable speed cant even do gba how can you do n64

hes got a point. people cant even make a GBA emu that runs at a decent speed and has sound.and GBA has 32 graphics. Thats half of the n64s graphics. BUT NEVER stop TRYIN! go monk!

PSmonkey
April 2nd, 2006, 06:04
first off. All GBA emu for psp have been direct ports of VBA. VBA even lags on my p4 2.0Ghz pc.

Hell if you want I can write a gbc emu that will do 1fps.

Just because a poorly optimised emulator can't do it is not the basis of an argument. Gba can be done at full speed if someone would just take the time to do it right.

BALL_SAC
April 2nd, 2006, 06:11
I agree with Psmonkey, gba emulaters are just ports from the windows based version, so of course their gonna suck. Psmonkey is writing this from scratch and is gradually increasing to make it better. If sony is indeed codeing a Ps1 emulater that will run probably perfect, than the psp should have no problem emulating a 64. The 64 emulater just needs a good coder and we got have a preety good one. I admire your work Monkey

Shadowblind
April 2nd, 2006, 06:26
the question is, will anybody take the time for it?

stotheamuel
April 2nd, 2006, 06:26
pretty good

f*cking amazing sounds more like it to me

samthegreat68
April 2nd, 2006, 08:13
To all those doubters, you need to get some hope and belief in your heart. it is in the will of a higher power and at the hands of a great primate. so in the words of a great man, "This is more than a feeling". so keep it up!

sroon
April 2nd, 2006, 16:30
Also the psp doesent have a huge operating system(like windows) to make it go slower if the gba emu was from scratch it would likely work!

Cap'n 1time
April 5th, 2006, 14:44
Programming from scratch always gets you better results then ports (see bleemcast).