PDA

View Full Version : So, How Many People Actually Buy Stuff Over XBLA Or The PSN?

wraggster
June 12th, 2009, 16:27
Digital delivery of games and gaming content is the inevitable future. But how prevalent is it in the present? The NPD Group estimate that, as it stands, digital downloads on a console are doing...OK.

The retail tracking firm reckon that, of all Xbox Live "Gold" subscribers, 18% of them "regularly download from Xbox Live Arcade". When it comes to the PlayStation Network, things aren't quite as big, as only an estimated 10% of account holders "regularly buy digitally from Sony's PlayStation Network".

It's important to note that this survey isn't counting somebody who bought a single copy of Street Fighter II over XBLA and left it at that. It's tracking those who buy, and buy often.

http://kotaku.com/5286778/so-how-many-people-actually-buy-stuff-over-xbla-or-the-psn

malgora
June 14th, 2009, 07:31
i only download demos off the psn, i dont have a wireless network around myhouse yet so i have to keep on unplugging the net from my pc to the ps3. its a hassle so yeah, plus i dont dont want to waste my downloads on like a ps3 game i still prefer to have a hard copy of thigs.. but thats just me ...

Ultima Chocochu
June 14th, 2009, 19:08
I wonder if I am one of those people, I buy off the PSN decently often XD

ketchup
June 15th, 2009, 16:50
I don't trust MS or Sony with holding my credit card details. As a result I only buy from MS with pre-paid points cards and until Sony do the same in Europe I won't be buying anything from the PSN, (it's been promised since launch but still only available in the US as far as I'm aware).

wraggster
June 15th, 2009, 17:30
we have 3 ps3s but i only use the psn network for free stuff, no way am i giving my details to online companies

Ultima Chocochu
June 15th, 2009, 22:13
I've used a mix of debit/PSN Cards, probably PSN cars mostly but, you can still delete the info even though it's still understandable to not want to do so.
Course that money is put into a bank account in which we only use for online stuff so XDDD

Triv1um
June 15th, 2009, 23:41
All this fear of buying stuff online is outragious.

Its sony for god sake. They aren't internet crooks.

Nocuddle
June 16th, 2009, 00:35

Yeah but they r offline crooks. :rofl:

Ultima Chocochu
June 16th, 2009, 02:47
All this fear of buying stuff online is outragious.

Agreed, but people are more so worried about people hacking into things, of course when people usually have their accounts hacked it's normally for a beyond moronic reason.

jamotto
June 16th, 2009, 06:12
I have bought about 7 titles off of the PSN so far.

ketchup
June 16th, 2009, 07:53
Agreed, but people are more so worried about people hacking into things, of course when people usually have their accounts hacked it's normally for a beyond moronic reason.

This is of course one of the reasons I prefer pre-paid cards but the other is to keep my spending under control. If I put my credit details into the stores it'll be like spending Monopoly money, it won't "seem" like it's really costing me and I'll end up buying too much stuff some of which I don't really want but just wanted to try.
Anyway Sony where are the pre-paid cards for Europe that you promised years ago?

chuggman
June 16th, 2009, 14:04
I've bought more stuff from Nintendo's VC and Wiiware thatn I have from either XBLA or PSN.

However I have bought a few games on each. Xbox I got Banjo Kazooie and want to get Banjo Tooie but have not yet. Also got TMNT Arcade and Worms. PS3 I got Lemmings, and Crash Bandicoot. As well as a few other small arcade games.

Darksaviour69
June 19th, 2009, 00:13
I buy stuff of XBL all the time, just got Gunstar Heroes (btw awsome game). But I agree its easy to over spend with the credit card