PDA

View Full Version : PSP Go Battery Life A Bit Less Than PSP-3000

wraggster
June 13th, 2009, 00:11
I thought the PSP Go might have better battery life than the current PSP since the PSP Go doesn’t power a laser. Unfortunately, that’s not the case.

The European PlayStation Blog points out the PSP Go has three to six hours of juice for games. Movie playback lasts approximately three to five hours. When the PSP-3000 came out John Koller, Director of Hardware Marketing, said the PSP-3000 has four to six hours of life for games and four to five hours for UMD videos.

Sure, that’s only an hour less of Crisis Core, but an hour when you’re talking about three to five hours of total battery life is notable.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/06/12/psp-go-battery-life-a-bit-less-than-psp-3000/

tazmaniac74
June 13th, 2009, 02:27
sure?

jamotto
June 13th, 2009, 04:42
Slacknews says it is equivalent? It also uses an embedded battery, making it a complete failure to me.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59126

osgeld
June 13th, 2009, 05:59
i think i just threw up a little

mike_jmg
June 13th, 2009, 06:02
Wtf??
Now I surely wont be getting this thing

One might think that because it was smaller and with no UMD door, It would consume less power = more battery life, this just sucks.

jamotto
June 13th, 2009, 06:56
I sure hope by using a cheaper battery and using other cost cutting measures that they are now making a profit on each PSP sold.

kboon
June 13th, 2009, 13:56
Slacknews says it is equivalent? It also uses an embedded battery, making it a complete failure to me.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59126
yur kiddingg... what if the battery goes crappy how in hell am i suppost to switch it? and damn..the battery is crappier than the 3000's just imagine after using it for a year. sony must think people are stupid... im definitly sticking with my 3000 this psp 4000 garbage or whatever its called....its worse than the 1000.

DCergo
June 13th, 2009, 16:26
I sure hope by using a cheaper battery and using other cost cutting measures that they are now making a profit on each PSP sold.

Kutaragi stated publically that Sony broke even on PSP sales after 3 million units. Everything after that was profitable.

yakumo
June 13th, 2009, 17:04
If the low battery life and the fact that is embedded is true, then I don't understand Sony. Sony always has a high level of technology in their products, but keeps making the same stupid errors: everything is proprietary, everything is almost incompatible with other things that are not property of Sony, and then that "happy" ideas of embedding things and making them last less. Was not the screen a little smaller? How can it then consume more?

DCergo
June 13th, 2009, 19:31
If the battery life is similar or slightly worse than the 3000, we can only assume that the Go is using an even smaller battery than the 2/3000 series. We also don't know the impact Bluetooth has on battery life and if it was a part of the estimates.

Buddy4point0
June 13th, 2009, 22:28
This is retarted.
It's the PSP Go! We need a much longer battery life Sony!

limmk
June 13th, 2009, 23:18
PSP Go = PSP Gets owned!!

jamotto
June 14th, 2009, 01:02
Kutaragi stated publically that Sony broke even on PSP sales after 3 million units. Everything after that was profitable.

Good to know that they will be in the black starting with day 1, assuming anyone buys this retooling of a Mylo.