PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Best Year for Dreamcast Emulation & Homebrew, What Next?

DCEmu_Newsposter
October 27th, 2004, 00:38
The Dreamcast scene has had a great year in 2004 with so many quality emulation and homebrew releases, what would you like to see tackled next (of course it has to be a sensible goal), what improvements to emulators/homebrew thats already been released would you like to see?[br][br]Lets see what this throws up :)

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
October 27th, 2004, 01:47
I've been waiting forever that someone mentions the lack of a Amstrad/Schneider CPC emulator for DC. Now I'm doing it myself. Any coder or programmer interested in developing or porting such a wonderful thing? Would be too cool, since an Amstrad (later Schneider) CPC 6128 was my very first computer and i still feel somehow related to it. Don't know anything about this, but it shouldn't be that difficult, seeing what has been possible in the past on DC.

fil
October 27th, 2004, 04:19
sega saturn emulator would be nice :P

Premo_Maggot
October 27th, 2004, 07:04
a virtual boy emulator bwahaha, i'm serious.

tinku
October 27th, 2004, 09:45
I dont think anything new is needed at this time, the present emulators need to be finnished to perfection or as close as it is possilbe, there are too many unfinnished projects laying around that need finnishing.

I think the best thing i have seen in 2004 has to be the Amiga Emulator on the DC it is a pitty that the creator didnt finnish the Atari emulator before starting on the Amiga one, having two project going at the same time must be a nightmare, and taking so much of the programers time, saying that! im very impresed by this programer and program.

tinku :)

obelisk
October 27th, 2004, 15:32
So much is already being worked on.
What would I like to see... hmmm. Atari 2600 w/ paddle support that doesn't crash or lock up at start. stella 2e?
a GB / GameBoy Color emu that doesn't lose sound after a while or lock up a bit.

I've said it before about the accidental bumping of the analog stick and messing up the games in DCgnuboy, and nesterDC sux, but NesterDC SE is coming along nicely. ... i dunno, more fun homebrew ports or clones of stuff like some of the arcade classic clones that are out. Also. there is a program for windows called Visual Pinball, and it would be neat to have a table runner for DC, or just more pinball for DC, but i'm probably either alone or wrong about that
And I'd say i'd like a lynx and atari 7800 emus, but since Ian left, those programs are probably locked up tighter than a drum and i haven't seen any interest in em in a while. How about a lightshow like the second edition PlayStation 1s had, except better looking and w/ mp3 support. Oh, and I'd like a small fries and a coke to go. I know that was a lot. just thoughts.

paulokhm
October 27th, 2004, 16:20
have online options on emulators. like netplay or something, is a dream of many people, including me. i know Scherzo is working on it (is he still working on Netplay?), and we all dream with his sucess.
is it a impossible goal, people? ???

quzar
October 27th, 2004, 16:30
a virtual boy emulator bwahaha, i'm serious.

I tried to port the PC one but its just so awful looking on the PC that its not really worth it.

Id personally like to see a fullspeed PCECD emulator for the DC. :P

Actually id like to see more arcade machines emulated on the DC.