PDA

View Full Version : Details On PSPgo Battery Life, Accessories & More

wraggster
June 13th, 2009, 20:08
The European PlayStation.blog has shed a bit more light on the newly announced PSPgo hardware, answering some burning questions about how it differs from the currently available PlayStation Portable models, including battery life expectancy, accessory compatibility and Memory Stick changes.

The PSPgo, according to official European word, will come with an "embedded battery" offering a charge "equivalent with the current models." That means approximately 3 to 6 hours for gameplay and 3 to 5 hours for playing back video. Looks like a smaller battery may cancel out power saving benefits achieved from dropping the UMD drive.

Other things dropped? Support for older PSP accessories. With the smaller form factor comes a smaller USB connection, meaning new cables and peripherals will be specific to the PSPgo. The blog writes that Sony may offer an adapter, but we'd imagine that might be hard for things like the PSP camera.

The European PlayStation.blog doesn't, however, reveal any further details about the UMD "goodwill program" that will let owners of physical copies of PSP games transfer them toward digital copies. But poke around the Q&A and you might find other answers you're looking for.

http://kotaku.com/5288929/details-on-pspgo-battery-life-accessories--more

apex05
June 13th, 2009, 21:07
Oh that just kills it for me, i mean having an external charger hanging out the side when the battery runs out kinda cancels out the extra portability, it's not like a phone where it's still doing it's job while it's charging, Shame on you Sony for this rank Stupidity.

absolofdoom
June 13th, 2009, 21:20
And what the hell does "embedded battery" mean? Are they going Apple on us? Cause I really want to be able to swap out batteries if it isn't going to have spectacular battery life. Right now, I've got a PSP-1000 with the battery that they sell for the psp slim, the extended life one or whatever. It fits perfectly, and then gives like 8 hours of battery life.

apex05
June 13th, 2009, 21:39
Yeah it means if you want to change the battery you have to pay a Sony service centre to do it, or probably void your warranty if you try yourself.

osgeld
June 13th, 2009, 23:53
Sony service centre to do it

more likely that you will have to send it in and they will promptly ship you a totally blank refurb out of the "battery" pile

which brings up a question, how do you back all your crap up before sending it to the brainwash station

DCergo
June 14th, 2009, 00:33
which brings up a question, how do you back all your crap up before sending it to the brainwash station

As I understood it you would be able to back up the internal stuff to the memstick slot, or PC.

apex05
June 14th, 2009, 00:35
Well Apple's already brainwashed it's customers and it looks like Sony's trying to build it's own little Cult, and it looks like all us less profitable independent thinkers will just be brushed to the side.

darkriku2000
June 14th, 2009, 05:20
PSP GO and spend more money, lol I crack me up

But seriously, I think that this will be cool to use, if I get a job before October than I will definitely buy one, and I'll probably wait for it to get hacked before trading in my 1000

PlagueMusic
June 15th, 2009, 08:56
....yea still like my 1000 way more

kharaboudjan
June 15th, 2009, 12:03
im willing to upgrade my psp 1000 for this. but it has to be fully hacked first. i never liked the umd drive. and hopefully the buttoms are better than on the psp 1000. but the d-pad looks just as bad, but perhaps it is a little better to use on diagonals :D