PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles v1.1d

wraggster
June 14th, 2009, 10:01
News/release from Xigency (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141/hombrew-idol-2-chronicles-t239955/)

http://i44.tinypic.com/34i2xr4.png

A Team Duck production.

Edit: Now updated to version 1.1d

The first official PSP version of Chronicles, made from scratch, is making its debut here at the Homebrew Idol 2 competition.

Chronicles is a first person action-adventure game for the PSP. Fight your way past ghosts, goblins, and whatever those other things are to get the secret key to the locked gate, then hop across some platforms to land yourself into the next of 6 challenging levels.

Backed by Team Duck's 3D Tedge engine, which we built from scratch, this game boasts beautiful visuals complete with dynamic lighting, a full particle system, 3D collision, model loading from files, among other features. This game is just a taste of what our engine is capable of doing. Take a peak at the level files, made with Milkshape3D, and feel free to modify and create your own levels. I intend to improve this set of levels and release another episode pretty soon.

Use the analog stick to move, X to slash your sword, and O to jump.
If you have any questions, concerns, or inquiries, please drop by the forums here and let me know! I hope you guys enjoy the game!

Changes in version 1.1b:
-Fixed clipping 99% (by restructuring the rendering and implementing software clipping), just a few tweaks for the last little bit
-Main menu and pause menu added
-Loads dungeon lists from files to easily allow for new "episodes"
-Improved performance on most levels
-Other tweaks
-Added a final level and two bonus levels, teasers for the next level pack

1.1c:
-Fixed clipping 100%
-Fixed game pause glitch
-Misc. tweaks

1.1d:
-Fixed gate and key masking

Team Duck
Greg "xigency" Tourville

And a big thanks to Slasher, Youresam, and my family. I wouldn't have been able to make this in one weekend without all their help.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

zxxxy18
June 15th, 2009, 10:25
Looks awesome! all homebrew games i seen were awesome and all 3D! that rocks and it rock that u made your engine. Can some one give me some info abuot that engin?