PDA

View Full Version : [FINAL] Light Cycle 3D

wraggster
June 14th, 2009, 11:56
News/release from sg57 (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141/psp-homebrew-idol-2-light-cycle-3d-t239956/)

http://www.youtube.com/v/7x7KJ3Qpvd4

Light Cycle 3D
by SG57

This is a PSP clone of a Tron Light Cycle racing game. Objective of the game is to make your enemies collide with the trail you leave behind you as you speed along the grid in cyber space.

Features:
- Variety of different skins from a Default black grid in cyber space to the classic environment from the Movie to a more 21st century-esque metal arena.
- Variable number of enemies; go 1v1 or All v All with 4 speeding cycles in one cramped arena - good luck heh..
- Variable speed allowing for greater or lesser difficulty (and chaos)
- Custom paint jobs on your light cycle with 5 customizable components of your cycle; Hull, Window, Rims, Top and Chassis
- Custom MP3 Playback support; PSP/MUSIC and /MUSIC directories supported, 1 level of sub-folders as well

Under the Hood:
- Uses Brick's LTE Lite Mod (with a Fader addition)
- Particle Effects for explosions (more to come)
- Framerate Independent Movement
- A smooth 'chase' camera (to be used in my next project) and you can cycle through targets
- GLTron resources
- Uses PGE Wav and MP3 functionality - by InsertWittyName

Bugs:
- Weird graphical glitch in the engine itself (maybe..) that'll be fixed asap with material coloring (very bad tints)
- Particles disappear the darker you set your hull's color (bug in engine with material type parameter i've deduced)

These will be fixed asap!

Future?:
- Online Multiplayer for sure! Race against your mates across the world hah...
- Free-turning, no longer restricted to 90-degree turns
- Free-riding, no longer restricted to a flat playing field, add some hills, some loops, some jumps
- Different game types; adds some guns, missiles, blinding flashes, tar, invisibility, you name it

Controls:
~-~Main Menu~-~
D-pad - select option
X - select
O - back/cancel
L/R Trigger - Cycle through Mp3s

~-~Customization~-~
Up/down - pick R, G or B values to edit
Left/Right - chance current component color you're editing
X - save
O - go back

~-~In Game~-~
Left/Right - turn
X - Play again (at screen)
O - back to main menu (at screen)
L / R / L+R Trigger - Look left, right or behind (if you're dead you change the camera's target)
Start - Pause

~-~Pause Menu~-~
Start- unpause
L / R Trigger - cycle through your music

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

dazman
June 14th, 2009, 22:35
trying this now, I never play anyting other thann emus, but this looks great, why are you not working for big firm or are you? nice work

guymelef
June 15th, 2009, 02:15
this is identical to my dreams.

I love this game. Keep up the awesomeness.

zxxxy18
June 15th, 2009, 10:30
this is identical to my dreams.

I love this game. Keep up the awesomeness.
keep up? sorry but didnt u seen [FINAL] on the top?

what ever. this game is even better than original 1...

darkriku2000
June 15th, 2009, 14:25
Just because it's the final version of this one doesn't mean he can't make another one, if the word final always kept people from making new things than we wouldn't have any of the other Final Fantasy games

pspforme!!
June 16th, 2009, 03:12
Wow, I really hope this isn't the final release. Not that it isn't good already, but it has so much potential. I absolutely love tron games and I would love to see this project continue.

dangee
June 16th, 2009, 12:30
Aside from the obvious attractions of the game itself,
the Light Cycle source code also appears to use a couple of
interesting tools: a 3ds to pspGu vertex converter, and a
simple PSP 3d Model editor.

The previous release stuck on 'game paused'. Hopefully that's
fixed now.

D/l 'ing..