PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Desert

wraggster
June 14th, 2009, 12:07
News/release from Calvin (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141/homebrew-idol-2-zombie-desert-t239954/)

Zombie Desert is a 2.5D platformer for PSP.
Programmer: Calv!n
Graphics Art: Harry

__________ D O W N L O A D __________
*** download ***
I currently have some major bug issues with the sprites/gameplay so I will work this out over the next 3 days.
The download is a debug build of the working tilemap engine.
Controls:
*D-pad - move the camera around to explore the scene.
*R/L Trigger - zoom the camera in and out (NOTE: DEBUG VERSION ONLY)

__________ S T O R Y __________
It’s the 1950s, and you are flying somewhere over a desert in Texas when all of a sudden, GAMMA RAYS!!! Your plane looses control and you make a crash landing somewhere in the desert only to find that the source of the gamma rays are ZOMBIES! Left with no choice, you must blast your way out of the desert through heaps of zombies that want to tear at you if they get but a whiff of you.

__________ G A M E & F E A T U R E S __________
NOTE: Not all gameplay and bugs have been fixed. The above download is just an early engine build. Currently implementing some of the following features!
* Creative retro style, pixelated 8 bit textures and graphics.
* 3D level geometry.
* Rich environments
* Sharp animations.
* Face paced action similar to Metal Slug.
* 3 weapons: pistol, shotgun, and machine gun (possibly more to come)
* Easy to use level editor for PC allowing for user to create maps and thus only limiting game play to one's imagination.

__________ S C R E E N S H O T S & A R T __________
I am currently waiting on more art and tiles from the graphics artist. It is sometimes difficult to coordinate with the graphics artist because of a 10 hour difference in timezones. I'm hoping that I can finish some stuff and add/update more things in the coming few days that we are allotted for debugging and updates.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e251/123jjanevski/mockup.gif

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jungletek
June 15th, 2009, 00:16
I LOVE the graphics style... looks really cool. Hope that the gameplay eventually matches or exceeds the visuals!

rageteam1000
June 16th, 2009, 00:04
Wow, great graphics, man. Good luck with the release!