PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu 9.04 compile error

spylogo
June 14th, 2009, 22:25
I have spent many hours trying to figure this out, but I have no idea what to do.

Error= make: psp-config: Command not found
Makefile:24: /lib/build.mak: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/lib/build.mak'. Stop.
(I used the standard makefile for 3xx)

When I type make into the terminal it works fine, and when I type in echo $PSPSDK I get the correct path, but the IDE won't work at all. I tried it on both Anjuta and KDE. I also added the three lines that you need to bashrc. Can someone please help?

JLF65
June 14th, 2009, 22:53
$PSPSDK is overridden in the makefile like so

PSPSDK=$(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)
include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak

Notice your error "Error= make: psp-config: Command not found" which means the psp-config couldn't be found, and therefore PSPSDK won't be set by the command, which means build.mak won't be found.

If you're sure everything is installed, maybe it's just the exports. You need more than just PSPSDK. Here's what I use for exports (I run Xubuntu 9.04)

export PSPDEV="/home/jlfenton/Tools/pspdev"
export PSPSDK="$PSPDEV/psp/sdk"
export PSPPATH="$PSPDEV/bin:$PSPDEV/psp/bin:$PSPSDK/bin"
export PATH="$PATH:$PSPPATH"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PSPDEV/psp/lib/pkgconfig"

Notice that my toolchain and sdk are in my home directory. That makes it easier to install libs and such - no using sudo required.

Note: I used quotes instead of code tags because the god-damned code tags STILL aren't working right! Are they ever going to fix those??? I reported them as buggy more than a year ago!!! :mad:

spylogo
June 15th, 2009, 01:11
haha, I read your other replies before I posted here, so I know how much you want those code tags to work :D. But yeah, when I type in make in the terminal it works, so it is installed correctly. I did the standard 3 that they tell you in different tutorials( I looked at about 100 by now), which would coincide with the top three exports you posted. I have been working on this straight for the past 4 days, so I know what the error means, but not how to fix it.

I used the gedit ~./bashrc and put those three exports at the very bottom. So I have no idea what else to do. Any other ideas before I try installing it into my home directory?

JLF65
June 15th, 2009, 03:42
Actually, I answered here first, then noticed the same question at ps2dev. :)

Have you tried just typing "psp-config" into your terminal? If it can't find it, the terminal hasn't got the environment variables set. Given the number of toolchains I run that have mutually exclusive paths, I've take to NOT setting the bash.rc and just pasting those lines above into the terminal when I open one to compile a PSP project.

spylogo
June 15th, 2009, 05:59
Yeah, it works if I type psp-config into the terminal.

JLF65
June 15th, 2009, 06:31
And what does "psp-config --pspsdk-path" return? Do you still get the psp-config not found error when you try to make?

spylogo
June 15th, 2009, 08:58
It returns /home/tom/Desktop/pspdev/psp/sdk, so it works. And yes I still get the same error.

JLF65
June 15th, 2009, 09:10
How about quoting the makefile? At this point, what's wrong must be there. Like I said, most makefiles for the psp have the lines

Notice that first line - that is where the "cannot find psp-config" error is generated... but it shouldn't be from what you've said about being able to run psp-config from the terminal. So something in the makefile must be causing some trouble. Well, it's someplace to start, at least.

spylogo
June 15th, 2009, 20:40
This is the makefile I used on my other pc that compiled fine, but I will post it anyways.

TARGET = MyNameIsFW3x

OBJS = main.o

INCDIR =

# vvvvvvvv

CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -DPSPFW3X

# ^^^^^^^^

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti

ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

# vvvvvvvv

BUILD_PRX=1

PSP_FW_VERSION=303

# ^^^^^^^^

LIBDIR =

LDFLAGS =

EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP

PSP_EBOOT_TITLE = MyNameIsFW3x

spylogo
June 15th, 2009, 20:41
WOAH, I put code tags on by habit......

JLF65
June 15th, 2009, 21:05
Change them to quotes... code tags don't work unless you use WINDOWS formatted text.

spylogo
June 16th, 2009, 05:30
TARGET = MyNameIsFW3x

OBJS = main.o

INCDIR =

# vvvvvvvv

CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -DPSPFW3X

# ^^^^^^^^

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti

ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

# vvvvvvvv

BUILD_PRX=1

PSP_FW_VERSION=303

# ^^^^^^^^

LIBDIR =

LDFLAGS =

EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP

PSP_EBOOT_TITLE = MyNameIsFW3x

Okay, I quoted it. I hope that helps.

JLF65
June 16th, 2009, 21:18
Hmm - weird. Try commenting out the line for PSPSDK since you have that defined already. See what happens.

spylogo
June 17th, 2009, 06:29
I tried that a couple days ago, and it gave me the same error. build.mak cannot be found.

JLF65
June 17th, 2009, 07:59
How are you making this? You can't be doing "make" from a shell here or you wouldn't have this problem. How are you determining if the envvars are set?

spylogo
June 18th, 2009, 20:17
I pressed make in both ajunta and Kdevelop

JLF65
June 18th, 2009, 23:25
I pressed make in both ajunta and Kdevelop

That won't work, as is. You don't have the environment variables set that way. If they allow you to customize the make command, add the exports before the make. That's how I got the make command to work inside of Geany.