PDA

View Full Version : Don't Expect Much Story From Mario Galaxy 2

wraggster
June 15th, 2009, 16:32
There were two big surprises to be found with Mario Galaxy: firstly, that it had a substantive story, and secondly, that the story was good. Pity, then, the sequel won't be doing anything of the sort.

Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto has said that, despite the love fans had for the first game's plot (centred around Rosalina and the adorable Lumas), "I'd like to go with as little story as possible...I've always felt that the Mario games themselves aren't particularly suited to having a very heavy story."

All well and good, except Miyamoto doesn't have as direct a role in the series as he once did. Instead, the job of creating these big Mario games now lies with Yoshiaki Koizumi, who is at odds with his mentor's stance on plot.

"Mr. Koizumi is the type of person who, whenever we're working on a new Mario game, he always wants to bring more story elements into it, as he did with Super Mario Galaxy" Miyamoto says. "But in talking with him this time, he agrees and feels that with Galaxy 2, there won't be a need for as deep of a story".

Shame!

http://kotaku.com/5290554/dont-expect-much-story-from-mario-galaxy-2

royvedas
June 16th, 2009, 08:53
Rulez!

WhizzBang
June 16th, 2009, 09:06
Miyamato is right. I only really appreciate a story in RPGs but couldn't care less in most other games.

kevenz
June 16th, 2009, 15:10
^^even story in rpgs are quite boring, it always revolve around "manga kids saving the world".

wolfpack
June 17th, 2009, 05:35
Mario never did have much story anyways. Collect the stars, defeat Bowser and rescue the princess. Then maybe she'll bake a cake...

It was all about the gameplay anyways :D