PDA

View Full Version : PSP go Apps Store to be Shown at GamesCom?

wraggster
June 15th, 2009, 18:50
An apps store for the PSP go is to be unveiled at this year's gamescom in Cologne, with reports suggesting that Sony in encouraging developers to create 'non-retail' games for the new, UMD-less device.

Destructoid reports that file sizes for the apps will be limited to 100 MB, and that Sony is working hard to make it less painful to develop for the handheld.

'We are making a concerted push towards expanding the content available on the Store,' Sony's Al de Leon told the site, 'particularly with the demand for digital content that will spike when the PSPgo launches this fall.'

Sony recently cut the cost of development kits for the PSP, a move that will likely lead to a new flood of titles to coincide with the launch of the PSP go this October.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/994/994642p1.html

osgeld
June 16th, 2009, 00:00
SEGA!

why do you need an apps store AND psn? is it to double your spam, or just to cause more confusion about your previously diptard proof product

Ultima Chocochu
June 16th, 2009, 02:56
I really highly doubt that the store would be seperate from the PlayStation Store. If you've ever ever gone onto the store on your PSN, it doesn't have all the stuff as the PS3 for obvious reasons, and would probably have an additional area called Apps. Plus what would honestly cause any type of confusion?

Futhermore, there is nothing wrong with branching out and this could possibly bring forth a GPS APP or something that doesn't suck/is useless.

Honestly, did you really have a valid point or did you just want to make sure you insulted something you don't like...Again? Not insulting you, but I don't see the point of posting something rather pointless and what is merely a complaint.

osgeld
June 16th, 2009, 14:33
well thank you for nullifying your point by posting a complaint about my complaining

and i WILL be sure to run every thing by you before i post anywhere, since your obviously the internet sheriff

Back to the point, if you had not noticed, sony has made it quite clear that the GO is going to be its own system, with its own identity

And every single article about this GO thing has imo quite clearly driven this "we dont want it to be a part of old playstation" presumably cause what they have now is seen as a failure (mainly because they drove it that way), they treat this as a fresh start

so why would they put the apps store on psn? when they are trying to erase their previous mistakes with the system

Ultima Chocochu
June 17th, 2009, 20:06
I had points in my previous post about there being nothing wrong with adding things/ect. and the complaint was last, and I never said you could not post your opinion I just don't find a point in posting in more than one thread that you dislike it without the full point you COULD have made as you are now.
There is no need to get mad or whatever it may be, but I'm happy to know you'll run things by me XDDD
Joking of course

You have a valid point, but I think what you're saying is more of an opinion than fact.
Yes I see what you mean, they took out a UMD and people hated it(I dunno why, I didn't hate the UMD), however it's not as if they're saying all we did sucked and we're ridding of all of it...Now if they did, don't you think E3 for the PSP Go would have shown no real games and just apps and such?
However, it showed new games for it(and the PSP we all own)that many people are interested in and look great.
I just believe the main point is still games, because they've not emphasized all it could or will do over the game factor.