PDA

View Full Version : DaedalusX64 Rev.407 Released

BelmontSlayer
June 15th, 2009, 21:54
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/BelmontSlayer/daedalusx64rev.png

Another day, another great release. The DaedalusX64 Team (http://www.daedalusx64.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1126) has just released a new alpha version of their up and coming N64 emulator for the Sony PSP. Here's the changelog for what's changed from revision 402 to 407.

*Fixed GBI1_BranchZ, GBI2_BranchZ uCode commands (Fixes Crash on Pokemon Snap on Phat)
Rev. 406:
*Cleaned up some warnings;
*Reduced ROM Buffer on Slim to 8Mb;
*Fixed Speed regression in ROM Cache for Roms over 16Mb;
*Reworked Rom cache to provide slight speed increase;
*Optimized Buffers for stability (Needs testing on Phat);
Rev. 405:
*Forgot an include in Microcode.cpp;
Rev. 404:
*Fixed ucodes.txt being generated on every rom run. (Now Debug only and optional even then);
* Small sln change to ensure compatibility with modification on VC++ Express and in prep for new continuous integration (All Alphas will be posted after commit at the SF site soon.);
*Change version to Alpha for the SVN (No more need to change releases will get individual titling at release time.);
Rev. 403:
*Switched from JenkinsHash to two types of Murmur2Hash (Using endian neutral hash for persistent hashes non byte fiddled textures, otherwise using faster non neutral method);
*Added improved auto uCode detection (Works better with unknown roms, but may break some games needs testing);
*Using smaller ROMFileCache to save memory;
*Commented out added commands from Rev 402 @ Salvy's request (Will be restored once purpose is known and can be tested);
Rev. 402:
*Implemented SetConvert, SetKeyR, SetKeyGB.[Wally and Salvy]

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sterist
June 15th, 2009, 22:57
for the third time lol

unless an announcement is made on the Official Site www.daedalusx64.com for a ~Release~ then do not ``release´´ publicly, without the permission of the respective author(s), any revisions found on the site,

also, when DCemu news posting, you should ALWAYS include the source from where the homebrew originated. in this case, it would be the site linked above.

so once again, please remove the download link, and moderators, please check to make sure that the DX64 related posts are an official release before you move them to the News section OK? very easily done.

~ßeta tester

juiceface
June 15th, 2009, 23:12
Uhh if it's on the site then it's public information.

Here's an easier rule: Don't put things on the internet if you do not want them downloaded.

gamer4250
June 15th, 2009, 23:14
A) How exactly are you going to stop them?

B) What harm can come from this?

osgeld
June 15th, 2009, 23:56
as official as i take the word from random beta tester X...

i kinda agree, if you dont want everyone posting news about it, well dont put it up for everyone to see (you can make these nice little things called private areas of a website)

anyway, i am interested to see what this thing can do, hope for a fruitful release (whenever that is)

apex05
June 16th, 2009, 00:35
As long as it doesn't make my psp implode then i really don't care where it's from, and more testing equals better results is what i say.

Sterist
June 16th, 2009, 00:36
A. i'm not here to argue.

B. yes harm is done

C. this is NOT a "release"

thanks for your understanding.

certain things you guys are wanting to hear are best from one of the coders and not myself.

BelmontSlayer
June 16th, 2009, 00:38
for the third time lol

unless an announcement is made on the Official Site www.daedalusx64.com for a ~Release~ then do not ``release´´ publicly, without the permission of the respective author(s), any revisions found on the site,

also, when DCemu news posting, you should ALWAYS include the source from where the homebrew originated. in this case, it would be the site linked above.

so once again, please remove the download link, and moderators, please check to make sure that the DX64 related posts are an official release before you move them to the News section OK? very easily done.

~ßeta tester
A moderator didn't move the post, I posted it directly to the frontpage. I'm a newsposter for the PSP News forum.

Anyways, being a beta tester doesn't give you the right to speak for the devs. When they upload a public alpha, it's going to be posted on the many sites that host news on PSP homebrew. I checked out their site and I see no requests to not upload mirrors or post news of release. If any of the developers requests otherwise, I'll be more than happy to remove the news post.

As for linking back to the originating site, you're quite right. I was not aware there was an official site, until you linked to it. I've updated the original post with the source.

Sterist
June 16th, 2009, 00:49
this is not the first time this has happened, all previous times they HAVE been removed, and i am in no way shape or form acting on behalf of Daedalusx64. just looking out for it's best future.

the alphas are made "public" as you state it, so that they may be tested, not "Released"

thanks

Wally
June 16th, 2009, 00:53
Alphas are not intended to be distributed as a public release, they are tended to be distributed as an alpha which is a pre beta release.

When we get all the strings and beans out of the release and make them all into a nice bundle. We'll release the Beta.

I'd also appreciate it if we could all post on Daedalusx64.com with bugs and stuff from these releases instead of posting every alpha it'd be much appreciated and would help us solve a lot of issues instead of chasing sites who post alphas.

We will be releasing nightly builds in the future however all bugs will be only logged at Daedalusx64.com.

Wally