PDA

View Full Version : Autocad DWG/DXF viewer/editor

DaggaZ
April 2nd, 2006, 12:07
Ive been searching arround and i havent seen any one working on an autocad like application. i would like to hear thoughts to see if it's possible ;)

would be gr8 if some one could :) :)

some features it would need

- ability to insert blocks
- copy & paste
- drawing lines & polylines
- most importantly saving as DWG/DXF

Im a Drafter and i do alot of surveys. work is considering to buy tablet pc's but i will be a long time b4 we will get them.....

thanx

Hawkeyefile
April 2nd, 2006, 20:08
dotn know how good it would be, since their is no keyboard for the psp (yet).

robotdevil
April 18th, 2006, 15:54
I'm no drafter, but I have worked with AutoCAD and QuickCAD and all I can say is: no. It's just not possible. You ever try to run autocad on a p3 laptop with 128meg of ram? Doesn't work too well does it. It has to do with the size of the grid, 3d representation, etc. While mostly line draw or solid polys (which are no problem for the PSP) the sheer number of them will kill it. I think you'd be better off trying to port a small 3d model program (milkshape comes to mind), however you'll find that it won't give you a grid large enough for what you need. Last time I worked with AutoCAD (about 3 or 4 versions ago) I was running 1GB of main ram and a 9800Pro and it was still pretty slow. Well, that's just my opinion from the hardware specs, just don't think it'll work.

Sorry

jman420
April 25th, 2006, 12:18
well and the other thing is, what do you expect to model? even if you made a copy of a GMAX type software, A. you cant render(due to CPU speed, ram, and video card speed), cant realy make a good export program without countless months of solid programming, and cant realy make a good program to start with...

the best 3d modeling-autocad software there is has been programmed for 20 years, fixed, improved, bug-fixed, beleave me, its a lot smarter to download a free modeling software such as "Wings3d" and install it on a P4 or 64 Bit laptop, and just model on there :D