PDA

View Full Version : Obama: "Step away from the video games," kids

wraggster
June 16th, 2009, 16:23
Barrack Obama has said in a speech to the American Medical Association that parents should encourage their kids to spend less time playing videogames and more time exercising. Shock horror!

"The second step that we can all agree on is to invest more in preventive care so that we can avoid illness and disease in the first place. That starts with each of us taking more responsibility for our health and the health of our children," said Obama.

"It means quitting smoking, going in for that mammogram or colon cancer screening. It means going for a run or hitting the gym, and raising our children to step away from the video games and spend more time playing outside," he added, via Wall Street Journal.

So he suggests people actually do some exercise - just a little - so as not to get ill. Fair enough. Just not on the launch week of Modern Warfare 2, alright Obama?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217614

XDelusion
June 16th, 2009, 18:51
Likewise, I believe people should spend less time listening to mass media propaganda, and more time out doors, with their family, loving their loved ones, and learning from their enemies and critics.

_X_Zero
June 16th, 2009, 21:40
I understand why he would say that & people should.
But did he not buy his kids a Nintendo Wii a short while ago.....?

apex05
June 16th, 2009, 22:51
Yeah but the Wii is the only console that let's you exercise while you play, so i think he's managed to avoid sounding a hypocrite on this one.

Triv1um
June 16th, 2009, 23:44
I understand why he would say that & people should.
But did he not buy his kids a Nintendo Wii a short while ago.....?

Obama is not saying to 'stop' playing video games.

He is saying cut down, and use the rest of the time more wisely.

Justise
June 17th, 2009, 09:22
He lost my vote

Malksta
June 17th, 2009, 15:20
What vote? :|