PDA

View Full Version : PSPiano V0.2

pauldude550
April 2nd, 2006, 16:10
PSPiano version 0.2 is an update of the PSPiano series made by me.
Version 0.20 changes...
A partner app has been added in.
Now named PSPscales (The old app unchanged)
Partner program is PSPiano
In the new PSPiano, it is now a lot easier to play tunes. If you press r or l it changes the note pitch. So, if you hold R, then you press down, you will be playing C sharp, rather than C.

If you don't know how to install, please read the readme.
(Download via comments)

Mew
April 2nd, 2006, 21:51
oh hells yeah! :)
I like it to have an piano software synth on my PSP!
But (I've said it in the older release thread too), is the digital pad of the psp really shit to play accords! You can't play more than one note on the digital pad, how sad! :(..

my wishlist:
a record-function, to play over recorded work on the app to make (at least) accords on from notes which are on the d-pad. And, yeah.. for play that fun-recorded stuff on my pc xD (maybe a auto-copy to the PSP/MUSIC file dictionary?).

Yeah, that's it!
Keep up and THANK YOU for that nice app, dude! ;)

Wally
April 3rd, 2006, 00:38
Hey good program!

Can i suggest one thing if its not too hard and might make this program more wanted?

Have the PSpiano play midi files in accordance to the notes?

pauldude550
April 3rd, 2006, 08:59
There is a slight problem with it having play midi files, and that is that midi files aren't any good in Lua, Lua can't read or play them. I am thinking how it is possible to map over the controls to make it possible to play chords. I would need some feedback on the chords.
Would you want to choose the notes you play, or would it be ok to have preset chords? There would be a fairly large amount of chords. So for example if you tap the analog up, and hold R, it would play a major chord, but if you hold L then it would play a minor chord. If you press X it plays F major/minor, if you press circle it plays g major/minor?
Just an idea. As for the recording, i'll have to think about how to get it to do it. Not as easy as the rest i'm afraid, but possible.