PDA

View Full Version : Wormz For PSP: Now recruiting!!!

chrispy
April 2nd, 2006, 18:25
I now need 2 or 3 lua coders to help me finish Lua Wormz for PSP. I have 2 graphic artists, myself who can code and do graphics, and so I need more coders.

I know there is a worms game for psp, but this is based on the DOS version, as per multiple requests.

Email me please if interested.

Spin Monkey
April 17th, 2006, 01:54
cool! i was just thinking of making something like that for psp, even though i have no coding ability whatsoever, i was willing to learn just to get worms homebrew on psp.

jman420
April 26th, 2006, 00:22
well I am going to post multiple requests... the DOS version sucked donkey balls, so can you make the Worms Armageddon version rather?? the only way to truly kick ass is to set up a Shoppa and attack from ropes :D

joedastudd
April 29th, 2006, 16:07
im currently learnin lua programming, its not that hard so far... Im willin to help as much as i can

ENG
May 29th, 2006, 18:55
When i got worms for PSP i thought, "why hasn't anyone tried to make this in LUA, go for it !

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 19:23
That would be awesome!

mbr7
June 8th, 2006, 05:08
CoooL I would Looove Worms on the psp please just dont forget the bungy jump rope My favorite tool in Worms

gregnoid
June 16th, 2006, 22:07
Just a tips !
If you finished to create the game before the 20 August (or a good beta version) you could participate to the "QJ.NET and Lik-sang Kickoff Summer Homebrew Competition" and win very good prizes.

More details there:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/QJ-NET-and-Lik-sang-Kickoff-Summer-Homebrew-Competition/pg/49/aid/51063

joedastudd
June 19th, 2006, 15:35
Ok this has little to do with this topic (expect is is about Worms).
Theres a Snes version of worms that you can play on PSP, Via the Snes emulator.

Oh yeah i will help you with the lua version (coding) as much as i can.

jman420
June 19th, 2006, 20:07
yeah, you can also play the Game Boy version..

or the PSP version, but since that one is so limited, I wouldnt lol....

jman420
June 26th, 2006, 05:45
I'm double posting I know, dont care...

I still think that a Worms Armageddon type game would be boss on psp.
The worms that Team17 released for PSP sucks, there is nothing for weapons, there is nothing for backgrounds, and only thing thats any fun is multiplayer, single sucks...

So if its at all possible, someone needs to make a Worms type game, with the ability to use custom PNG or Tiff backgrounds (with a programmable alpha channel) as well as all wepons, you just cant rule a map without some of the more dammaging weapons (mad cow, holy hand grenade, aqua sheep, the lot....)

if anyone would want to work with me as a coder, I can supply graphics for such a project! (and no, not ripped ones, original graphics)

I know someone said they were going to work on this, in fact thats why the thread started, but I dont know if they still are, so if you are, I can help with grafx, or if someone else wants to program this, I can do graphics for that one lol..

Either way, this would be pimp for PSP, it would be PSPimpanizing