PDA

View Full Version : Just an Iris thought...

BrooksyX
April 2nd, 2006, 20:53
First off I have to say you are making a huge impact on the psp homebrew community and you are keeping it alive Psmonkey.

Anyways I was just wondering if Iris could support like mp3 playback so we could have music in game. Maybe there could be a folder in the iris root folder that played mp3s at random. That would be cool.

Even if this isnt possible iris is still a great game and i can only see it get better as it progresses.

Shilo
April 2nd, 2006, 21:39
That would be cool, or you could have Iris load random mp3s from the music folder. Just a thought.

BrooksyX
April 2nd, 2006, 21:45
yeah if you loaded it from the music folder then it wouldnt waste any extra space. I just think it would be a great idea because it would give iris music, everyone could listen to what they wanted to, and psmonkey wouldnt get in any legal trouble because he wouldnt be distrubuting the music, people would put it there themselves.

stotheamuel
April 2nd, 2006, 21:59
im sure sound will be put in

Shilo
April 2nd, 2006, 22:13
Imagine listening to the Super Mario theme playing Iris:)

BrooksyX
April 2nd, 2006, 22:16
im sure sound will be put in

im sure it will, but why cant we have sound and music,
i dont think psmonkey wants to buy a bunch a rights to music just to put into a homebrew game.

Shilo
April 2nd, 2006, 22:19
I don't think Monkey wants to dish out all that dough ether. This mp3 loading thing is a really good idea. Hey PSmonkey, you should look into this:)

Bedo
April 2nd, 2006, 22:53
I think an autoupdate kind of thing would be cool to see, like it would pop up with list of all the new things(maps,models, etc..) in a directory, so you can choose what you want and dont want. Also it might have a status detail that tells you if it is installed or not(to keep track of what you have).

edit: for you 1.5 users, you can always use iR Shell for the music(thats what i do :) )

BrooksyX
April 2nd, 2006, 23:08
yeah we could use that ir shell thing but i think it would be cooler if psmonkey just made it part of the game

stotheamuel
April 2nd, 2006, 23:11
im sure it will, but why cant we have sound and music,
i dont think psmonkey wants to buy a bunch a rights to music just to put into a homebrew game.

pretty good point

PSmonkey
April 3rd, 2006, 02:21
The lack of sound is due to a lack of time. I will eventualy sort that out but i need to deal with other issues first. Eventualy there will be an internal mp3 player so you can play what ever you keep in the mp3 folder or allow maps to specify custom songs to play durring game.

Zeemon
April 3rd, 2006, 03:24
Sweetness! But yeah-- don't worry about that yet.. get the more important stuff down first...like infastructure!:)

Shilo
April 6th, 2006, 07:28
Iris is gona kick @$$ when it is fully done, just like Monkey 64:)