PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities: PSP Go still functional as gaming system in closed state

wraggster
June 17th, 2009, 17:15
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/06/pspgoclosed580.jpg

Obviously the PSP Go is designed to be a gaming system in its open state, but what about when it's closed? We contacted Sony to find out if it was even possible to play games in the handheld's shuttered mode and if the company had any titles in development that would utilize the functionality. A representative for Sony told us it hasn't announced any titles in development that strictly use the PSP Go's L/R shoulder buttons, but that "users will be able to play those games with the PSP Go in closed mode."

The Sony rep continued, "Users will be able to access content and applications on the XMB such as videos, music and Skype when the panel is closed -- but users will need to launch the application first before closing the panel." Other accessible features when the panel is closed include "original applications," like the clock and calendar.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/16/possibilities-psp-go-still-functional-as-gaming-system-in-close/

skipboris
June 17th, 2009, 18:51
Woop de do. For $250, where is the touch screen?

Shrygue
June 17th, 2009, 20:44
Yeah I was think that if the system is usable in the closed state, a touch screen would have been an ace feature but oh well...

osgeld
June 17th, 2009, 21:42
yea i agree, seeing that image you just want to reach out and touch those psn icons

but instead you get to "tab" tru them with the d stick

and that's a shame

Nocuddle
June 17th, 2009, 23:55
s0ny is going backward without a touch screen.

Ultima Chocochu
June 18th, 2009, 01:52
Yeah I was think that if the system is usable in the closed state, a touch screen would have been an ace feature but oh well...

I agree, at least just like...Usable for the XMB at least, so you could change the music without having to flip it out or whatever.
On the other hand, I don't really understand why everyone thinks everything needs a touch-screen these days XD
I can see it being useful on a PSP Go obviously, so don't get me wrong.

mike_jmg
June 18th, 2009, 18:26
Woop de do. For $250, where is the touch screen?

Exactly, It would've been playable when closed if it had a touch screen.

If the touchscreen would've only worked with the XMB to play music, videos, etc, it would've been amazing. Too bad it's not:mad:

Paris/Tokyo
June 19th, 2009, 10:16
PSP is overdue for a keyboard already, and it makes no sense for the Go to have a slide design if you can barely do anything when the system's closed. Other than that, PSP doesn't need a touch screen at all, but it's the easiest fix for some huge problems in the Go's design.