PDA

View Full Version : Light Cycle 3D v3.0

wraggster
June 18th, 2009, 22:50
Sg57 (http://forums.qj.net/psp-development-forum/152813-release-light-cycle-3d-v3-0-a.html) has posted another update to his game for the PSP:

http://www.youtube.com/v/7x7KJ3Qpvd4

Light Cycle 3D is a clone (NOT a port) of the light cycle racing concept from the hit movie Tron. This uses GLtron's models and a few textures. This uses Brick's LTE Lite Mod for rendering. As of v3.0 it supports up to 30 racers at once with 4 different speeds, 4 different grid sizes, 4 different skins come bundled and 2 game types with full mp3 playback support and customizable light cycle component colors.

LASTEST:
.:.:.: UPDATE v3.0 :.:.:.
Features:
* Now you can race up to 29 opponents! Go nuts, first one to place first out of 30 get's a cookie...
* New variable grid size! Choose from small, normal, large and HUGE!
* New mini-map - toggle it on/off in-game with []!
* New type of AI added
* New gametype added - you may now choose from 'Classic' and 'Uber' (more on this later)
* Custom Skin support! Easy-to-use Modular skin system implemented. Read 'Skin.txt' in the folder for instructions. I'd like to thank 0m3GA ARS3NAL for the Virtual Reality skin from MGS I now have bundled with Light Cycle 3D v3.0
* more i'm just forgetting sorry

Tweaks/Improvements:
* Your view will no longer be obstructed by the boundaries, the camera is smoothly bound to the playing field
* 'Uber' AIs bust through other walls using the same 'explosion' sound but at a higher pitch - conservative and a satisfying sound
* Big boy 'recognizer' is now more bad-a$$ looking ^.^
* Speeds have been adjusted, insane is now insane-r
* Updated all the AI to pave the way to unrestricted movement so soon no more 90 degree-only turns
* MP3 Playback was a bit unstable and has been improved
* Updated Brick's LTE Lite Mod to 1.2, i was 2 versions behind! eek.
* lot more i just can't remember it all

Current Bugs:
* Same as the initial release, there is a graphical bug in the engine (so i've deduced) that mucks with the diffuse color of the model component when it comes time to apply it and render said component (this applies to all models - tracers/rails and light cycles alike)

Gametypes (at the moment 2, but the system is there for more):
* Classic - the good ol' classic tron, race around do your stuff
* Uber - this is a much more difficult game; your enemies are godly in both brains and bronze. They can and will blow through any wall in their way should they have to but only if they have to. Not to mention they are able to take quite a beating as well, but their deaths are spectacular sights with huge effects (what do you expect when a god dies ;p). They are easily distinguishable by their massive light cycles and huge flare trails they leave behind. Don't be intimidated with your little thing (err...) it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.

I challenge anyone to beat 29 enemies in the Uber gametype! who knew chaos was so much fun eh..

Enjoy everyone, and thank you all who voted for me in the PSP-Hacks competition, your support on this as well as any other of my projects is greatly appreciated!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Greenymeany
June 19th, 2009, 01:04
I love GLTron and have been wanting someone to port this to the psp for a very longtime! The game looks great. The download link in the attachement isn't working. None of the Light Cycle 3D V3.0 downloads work for me. The ones that show up on the psp load the dashshack logo then the screen turns black and the psp crashes. Pleas Fix it. Thankyou so much for a ligh cycle game for the psp.

PhantomAGN
June 19th, 2009, 04:44
Is the music mandatory?
Totally don't need that.
But yay, tron-esque goodness!

bigred969
June 19th, 2009, 06:21
thank you very much, i love this game. it just gets better and better every time.

dangee
June 19th, 2009, 17:31
New mini map

Last year's hack's idol winner, Stakker, was my h/brew game of the year.

Light Cycle 3D's looking good to emulate both of those acheivements.

[EDIT]

oh, just remembered.
I had this idea about the mini map:

an option to Texture Map it onto the Walls !

abacadabbra
June 21st, 2009, 05:52
games not working for me either.