PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 3am...

VampDude
June 19th, 2009, 03:10
A time, once when I used to still be awake with nothing to do except post random nonsense and play videogames (or RuneScape depending on what I felt like) until it became light outside. Though lately, a time when I would usually be fast asleep. So what is diferent tonight then, you may wonder... Well that is a thing I'm currently wondering, as I was awoken by the sound of a neumatic drill, drilling away somewhere at 2:38am.

The answer to the drilling could possibly be due to there being no street lights on in my little road, as I not so long ago foundout by opening the curtains but noticing afar that there is light elsewhere like on the main road behind where I live. But could they not wait until the morning? Seriously, I know they will get paid overtime or something for working this late but don't they care for the people who are trying to sleep? I don't care if I sleep or not, because I sleep whenever and wherever during the day though it's the inconvenience of the lost sleep because I was planning to see Transformers 2 today (don't want to sleep during) though it can wait until Wednesday/Thursday next week I guess (only days I'm not busy). :(

kcajblue
June 19th, 2009, 05:48
Ahh, annoying construction workers. That really would be friggin annoying hella early in the morning like that.
But at least your construction workers are doing their work.
There is supposed to be construction work done at the school I go to, but it seems like those lazy bastards don't get any of the work done.

VampDude
June 19th, 2009, 06:04
I have no idea what they were doing, it went quiet for a bit and then the noise started again though the street lights never came back on which is strange as they were on when I went to sleep at 1am.

2:30/3am though, a horrible time to be awoken. But I'm guessing they had to do it, much to my inconvenience of being wokenup and not being able to sleep after (it's now 6am).

Today, I see a dependency on Pepsi purely for the caffeine because I'm up in 2 hours (which sucks).

Darksaviour69
June 19th, 2009, 11:30
as far as I know your not allowed to do construction work (or anything that produces loud noises) between 11pm-7pm in urban areas. But thats for N.Ireland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/oyb/family_life/noise_pollution.shtml

VampDude
June 19th, 2009, 16:25
I think it's the same for the UK aswell as N.Ireland, because it's classed as unwanted noise / noise pollution.

From a website I looked at:

What is Noise?

Noise is generally regarded as unwanted sound. It could be too loud, too intrusive or just happen at the wrong time or without warning.
For example, nobody enjoys being woken up in the middle of the night by a faulty car alarm or being kept awake by loud music.

Though from the website of the county I live:

For any nuisance to be classed as a statutory nuisance it must be ‘regular and frequent’. This means that one-off noisy parties, occasional bonfires and seasonal manure spreading are not statutory nuisances and are not routinely investigated by the department.

I think that I prefer the first one, because one-off's should also be investigated.