PDA

View Full Version : any DVD region hack out there?

Shiaoran
April 3rd, 2006, 20:37
I was wondering if anyone managed to hack the XB360 and unlock the DVD region restriction...
Anyone working on it?

Why I want it so bad?
I don't have a DVD player, I use my PS2 and the DVD Region X disk.
I'll get a PS3 in November, so the PS2 will be stored on it's box.
It'll take time for the PS3 to be hacked, and I may need to continue using the PS2 to play DVDs.
If the XB360 gets hacked, I may use it to play DVDs instead of te PS2.

Shiaoran
June 6th, 2006, 22:21
any news?

c5cha7
June 19th, 2006, 21:13
I haven't heard of anything like this yet :( .
But i am in need of the same thing,
my real DVD Player is broke (And new dvd players around where i live are expensive as hell :p )

I'd say its probally better to buy a DVD Player though, but then again your probally best being patient (They usually release hacks like this alot!).

(I remeber the day the XBOX Scene recieved the multi region DVD Player program/homebrew)

Anyway Good luck, i wish i could've helped more though :p .

SSaxdude
June 19th, 2006, 21:35
I think you can copy (burn) DVDs and change the region encoding.

Shiaoran
June 19th, 2006, 23:53
I know, but I don't have a DVD burner :P

I've sent an email to MS regarding the fact that someone, someday will profit with an unlocker program and it was better if they could release a patch for free and don't let the hackers put their hands in people's money and the person said that since the announcement of the first modchip this topic is being discussed... official DVD region unlocker? may become true eventually... even if they don't make it, I bet that by the end of the year we'll have our 360s unlocked :P

Skye
June 22nd, 2006, 20:12
If you have Windows Media Center you could stream them through a network. =P

Shiaoran
June 23rd, 2006, 02:33
if I had WMC my DVDs would be region 1, since it's only avaliable in North America :P

KultiVator
July 18th, 2006, 08:03
WMC has been on sale in the UK for a long time.

Evesham micros have made a good business out of WMC lifestyle PCs... so much so that they have one of the bigger stands at the Ideal Home Exhibition most years (just about the only PC stand at this famous show, amongst all the cookware, water softening, DIY and hot-tub stands!!!)

KultiVator