PDA

View Full Version : What're you all working on?

GyroVorbis
April 4th, 2006, 04:26
I'm just curious. Just found this place and I think it's pretty cool. So what are all of you Dreamcast and PSP coders out there doing? Working on a project or an emulator?

I'm working on a 2D action RPG for Dreamcast. Kind of a twist between Zelda and God of War. What's up with you guys?

quzar
April 4th, 2006, 04:34
What about samba? I'm currently not working on anything because my computer died. Everythign is off my laptop and it doesn't like connecting to the dreamcast and i have none of my source on it.

GyroVorbis
April 4th, 2006, 17:00
I'm going to have to finish that up after this. This is actually for a school project and is going to a competition. I HAVE to finish this.

Viva is actually like 80% done. Closest to completion I've ever gotten a DC homebrew.

Payk
April 4th, 2006, 17:20
Ok we from ndsdev.de are currently working on 3 projects:

Dawn2k is working on a browser
I am working on a 3D Engine
The NDSDEV-Team will work together for a rpgmaker with my engine

http://payk2005.pa.funpic.de/test2.JPG
Ok thats what that engine currently gets on the screen.
If u are interessted in supporting any of these projects:
visit: www.ndsdev.de (http://www.ndsdev.de)
(But its a german site....)

GyroVorbis
April 6th, 2006, 15:54
Whoah, that looks damn awesome. Good luck there. Is that for DS?

Payk
April 6th, 2006, 16:20
Thanx. Yes its for NDS but its a very early beta...
Also i dont have any ideas for what the second display could be used...
I will post a demo the other day but it will be more a techdemo then a game. Making an rpg is much work (i dont say its hard work, just MUCH).
So now its ur turn... What kind of game ur working on? And do u have to burn a cd, each time u want to test? I got to DC somewhere in my room. Maybe i will start a project for it after that rpg...

Darksaviour69
April 6th, 2006, 16:32
Also i dont have any ideas for what the second display could be used...

map or inventry/stats screen (items etc), just an idea ;)

GyroVorbis
April 7th, 2006, 03:20
Nah, I have a serial cable that I can send things to my Dreamcast with, and I also have a beloved broadband adapter that allows for high speed transfers to the Dreamcast for testing. Serial can get a bit tedious, but there is absolutely no loadtime with the BBA.

Oh man, Deadsky is pretty early too. I am actually using a gourad shaded poly as the main character right now. I am planning to work on it quite a bit this weekend, so I'm going to wait until I have graphics fully implemented to post the screenshot (hopefully tomorrow it should look okay).

okay, fine, nevermind I'll post:
http://thechaosrift.com/spring_break/ram.png
Don't judge it by graphics, I was even too lazy to add an alpha layer to some of that stuff before I took it. Everything you see there is just a placeholder. Grass, characters, everything. But you can see the block/object destruction I've worked on a bit.

Your RPG engine looks even farther along than this project.