PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ever Get A Specific Gaming Itch

wraggster
June 20th, 2009, 21:31
This is Tell Us Dammit, no, make that TELL US DAMMIT. Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know oodles about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban ya. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

The other day we woke up with the incredible urge to play Civilization. Our question:

Question: Do you ever get pangs to play specific games? If so, what games and why?

http://kotaku.com/5297440/do-you-ever-get-a-specific-gaming-itch

wraggster
June 20th, 2009, 21:32
Every now and then i get the itch to play Theme Park Games, ive now been playing rollercoaster tycoon for months and ialways like to relive some red alert 2 online play everyonce in a while.

darkriku2000
June 20th, 2009, 21:45
I go into different moods at different times, sometimes it's racing, shooting, fighting, flying, etc

livnbob
June 20th, 2009, 21:51
Dopewars. It was great on my 386 and its still great. Definitely one of my all-time favorite games.

dazman
June 20th, 2009, 22:02
Whenever some sporting event hits the big screen I feel a urge to compete in somthing like tiger woods golf or summer games on the old c64.

NeoXCS
June 20th, 2009, 23:01
I always have urges to play random games. The other day I picked up Age of Empires II, even though I have the third one. I just love the old nostalgic feel of AOE2. My roommate has been playing WoW and it makes me want to play me some Warcraft 2 / 3. I guess it all depends on my mood, when that certain game just strikes me right.

Qmark
June 20th, 2009, 23:13
Zelda. The first one.

apex05
June 20th, 2009, 23:17
The last few days i've had an itch to play this old C64 game i remember where you go through the level avoiding drunks and potholes, i have no clue what it's called so can't find it, if anyone remembers let me know.

rokobungi
June 20th, 2009, 23:17
every once in a while I get the urge to play megaman 2 or guardian legend or morrowind. (lucky that steam just got morrowind!)

JDvorak
June 20th, 2009, 23:21
Itching for anything Bomberman at the moment. Love it on the Saturn especially the imports from Japan, and the N64 versions are great!

booradley1212
June 21st, 2009, 05:08
apex give me more of a description...i loved the c64

goshogun1
June 21st, 2009, 05:27
Every once in a while I get the urge to play music games for hours on end. Its like I zone out into some weird trance where I am "one with the game". I don't like guitar hero though, and am referring to Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan, Band Bros, and Rhythm Heaven. Such an amazing feeling to ace a song, but it can be stressful
if I am in the wrong mood.

Pilot_51
June 21st, 2009, 06:31
Most of my urges revolve around a specific genre. Generally those genres are driving, RTS, flying, simulation, puzzlers, and of course my favorite, FPS. Sometimes I will have urges for a specific game, but usually it's a game I've been playing recently or regularly (within the past couple years) anyway.
A week or two ago I had an urge to play some of my favorite classic PC games from my childhood on DOSbox: Captain Comic, CD-Man, Stunt Driver, Star Trek: 25th Anniversary, and Microsoft Space Simulator.
I also occasionally have a similar urge to play some favorite Gameboy or PlayStation classics, typically using my GBA or a PS1 emulator on PC.

mike_jmg
June 21st, 2009, 17:39
Not so long ago I got an urge to play some good Shooting game, so I got Gears of War 2, went through the game in 3-4 days, It was awesome.

After that I got an urge for action blood-filled games, got wolverine :thumbup:.

Now I got the yu gi oh fever all over again and can't stop playing Tag force 3, even if it is only against the CPU

I guess it depends on my mood but yeah I sometimes crave a certain type of game.

havoc_012
June 22nd, 2009, 09:04
I'm coming down from a 6 month shmup/Touhou craze. :p

jaws365
June 24th, 2009, 17:37
I have many:

The Last Ninja 1+2
Gradius 1+2
Raiden 1+3
Zelda 3
F-Zero X
Streetfighter 2