PDA

View Full Version : Testing Tool 5.50 On PSP Fat Retail

wraggster
June 21st, 2009, 01:41
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=28356&view_reply=1)

The coder Yoshihiro is developing an application that allows you to install the firmware 5:50 Debug, which allows you to test the games format files during development and allows you to set some hidden options like CPU clock, the PSP-1000 Retail, or those sold to the public.

http://www.youtube.com/v/DmSk2Ua-NUM

Psphreak
June 21st, 2009, 17:15
I wonder who's code he stole this time. I'm also still waiting for that PSP ISO loader from team WAB :rolleyes:

Homerun
June 21st, 2009, 18:30
I wish I never updated to 5.5 and screwed myself out of homebrew......I wish this was the 5.5 crack I dream of....but I guess not...XD

Apoklepz
June 21st, 2009, 23:41
I wonder who's code he stole this time. I'm also still waiting for that PSP ISO loader from team WAB :rolleyes:

Wow...who cares anymore, really?

I'm really interested in knowing what that switch from 32mb to 64mb is all about...after all this IS a FAT PSP, right? ...and we all know FAT only supports 32MB of RAM.

Anger
June 22nd, 2009, 02:40
I wish I never updated to 5.5 and screwed myself out of homebrew......I wish this was the 5.5 crack I dream of....but I guess not...XD
if yours is a psp 1xxx series then find a friend with a pandora battery and get them to install 3.52 m33 for you. i bought a second battery simply for the purpose of fixing other phat psp's, and of course my own. :P

PSPdemon
June 22nd, 2009, 14:58
Wow...who cares anymore, really?

I'm really interested in knowing what that switch from 32mb to 64mb is all about...after all this IS a FAT PSP, right? ...and we all know FAT only supports 32MB of RAM.

That's because testkits and devtools have 64mb of ram ( even from the beginning...before the time of slims )

Apoklepz
June 23rd, 2009, 04:13
That's because testkits and devtools have 64mb of ram ( even from the beginning...before the time of slims )

Long time, demon. Hope all is fine with you.

Anyways....So you mean, this video is a hoax...or what exactly?

I really don't think Yoshi could've simply gotten his hands on a testkit...or did he?

PSPdemon
June 23rd, 2009, 13:35
Long time, demon. Hope all is fine with you.

Anyways....So you mean, this video is a hoax...or what exactly?

I really don't think Yoshi could've simply gotten his hands on a testkit...or did he?

I'm hanging in there.

I'm not saying this video is a hoax... rather a response to the switch option. Obviously switching to "64mb" would not work due to a lack of hardware

As I'm grabbing.... this is a hack that supposedly combines retail modules with the test firmware.

As for getting hands on test kits.... its all very possible. There are many ways to get them and I've had the chance to buy them ( obviously don't have the cash to do it ) so its all possible. Either that or he had a very nice person send him the update. :p

Really this is not something useful for what I can see... testing tool units dont have live debugging ( thats for dev tools ) thus defeats any real purpose for dev use ( afaik ). And the real only usable options there we already have in cfw... I could be wrong, however... so dont hold me up to that.