PDA

View Full Version : Multi Updater v0.2

wraggster
June 21st, 2009, 18:09
News via gxmod (http://mobiles.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8796)

Multi Updater v0.2 is a homebrew created by Tepsicore. This homebrew allows users to place up to 4 days on a memory stick without with corrupted data and allows you to run whenever you like.

Change from the version 0.1:
- You can specify the name of your file update.

Controls:
- X to ms0: / PSP/GAME/MultiUpdater/Update1
- O to ms0: / PSP/GAME/MultiUpdater/Update2
- Triangle to ms0: / PSP/GAME/MultiUpdater/Update3
- Square to ms0: / PSP/GAME/MultiUpdater/Update4
- Start to Quit

Installation:
Simply copy the files you want updated in ms0: / PSP / GAME / MultiUpdater / Update "version"

ex. ms0: / PSP / GAME / MultiUpdater / Update ver. 5.00 "

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Alpha_Slayer
June 22nd, 2009, 03:12
So uh... what exactly does this app do? (In unbroken English, please) :confused:

MicroNut
June 22nd, 2009, 11:57
This homebrew allows users to place up to 4 (firmware) UPDATES on a memory stick without corrupted data
and allows you to run them whenever you like.

http://mobiles.gx-mod.com/images/news/psp/utilitaires/multiupdater.jpg

Heisenberg
June 22nd, 2009, 14:11
thank yć!

Alpha_Slayer
June 22nd, 2009, 19:07
This homebrew allows users to place up to 4 (firmware) UPDATES on a memory stick without corrupted data
and allows you to run them whenever you like.

Yeah, I got that, thanks for copypasting the news post.

But what is the point of "allowing users to place up to 4 firmware updates on a memory stick without corrupted data" and running them whenever you like? Is this supposed to be an app to downgrade your firmware to any other firmware? If so, why do you need 4 updates? As soon as you downgrade to an OFW, you won't be able to use it again... Or have I got this all mixed up?

btw, v0.3 and v0.4 are both out.

MicroNut
June 23rd, 2009, 13:08
It does exactly what it says it does.
Some firmwares have capabilities that others do not.
Some people like to experiment... who knows what else.
Apparently this will let you flash 4 choices any firmware you like from the memory card.
(And so will CFW but only 1 choice from 1 location)
Of coarse any firmware flashed that wont allow this program to run means using some other method to change the firmware again, like Pandora and Battery or some sort of OFW specific software tiff\game exploit.
Yes, you will always need custom firmware to use this.
So if you use this to put OFW on a PSP it wont be able to run the application any more.
That's just common sense right?

Does not look like anything special too me.
I have not used it myself.
I have no need to jump between firmwares right now.
This would have been helpful a year ago.
At this time I do not need a memory card ready to flash 4 choices of Custom or Official Firmware.